Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Really new to the forum. Trying to get some help on where to order a new grill for the veloster turbo. I hate the freaking brick in the front I want to get rid of it so bad sucks its molded on not fair at all!! Please help! Links to different grills if you know them would be helpful! Thanks!
-Dillon

·
Registered
146 Posts
Dammit beat me to it lol

Reactions: MyDianaZ06

·
Registered
146 Posts
Think that's the only grill available ATT

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I am ALWAYS up trolling around here. It is dead at night. But I try to reach out when I see someone needing a hand :D

Yeah, Devito, I dig the black as well. And they are fellow members here too. So it isn't some garbage company buying from another making bank! They are down to earth transparent people. You will find most people here don't run a profit business, just a hobby. Though there are some here that are only here for business. Which is fine. They paid their dues to do so.

Turbosocks, Elecblue06, piercemotorsport, MiDiablo, these guys are easy to contact and easy to talk to. I dealt with Turbosocks and contacted pierce about products. All are great people. price is a steal. Better than going through another website and not talking/being able to ask anything to anyone.

I heard from Keith_Stone that tint can be hard if not done right. His dad has a Genesis coupe and went to a few local places to get his headlights and/or tail lights tinted and has failed. I heard just one or two coats of black plastidip does the trick. I am not into that light tint so I have zero experience in all that mess lol.

hough there are some here that are only here for business. Which is fine. They paid the

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Really new to the forum. Trying to get some help on where to order a new grill for the veloster turbo. I hate the freaking brick in the front I want to get rid of it so bad sucks its molded on not fair at all!! Please help! Links to different grills if you know them would be helpful! Thanks!
-Dillon
There is some people working right now in a new brickless grill. check out previous posts by 845motorsports and btjetman, really talented guys. And welcome to the VT forum :)
Like my man Dianza said pretty much everyone here is approachable and down to earth. I have learn a lot from some of the guys here. Also plenty of vendors and mods available!

·
Registered
827 Posts
I like that grill but have not gotten over the initial fear of modifying it.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 810 using Board Express

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Like mydiana said, I have a few run ins with the tail light tint.. I ordered film from eBay just for my reverse lights, looks great but one is a little off.. Doesn't look bad but I notice it every day, it's just hard to get done perfect if your not a professional..

My dad planned on tinting his tail lights but have actual tail light film put on.. It's actually a separate film from window tint, it's much much thicker and a lot harder to find.. He finally found a place who put it on and it started to wrinkle after a few days.. My dad told me that the guy doing it seemed to struggle because the film is just so thick and on certain angles it can be tricky.. If you know someone who can paint real well, VHT nightshades is a great way to go.. I know some people on here, can't recall who specifically, did it and it looks shiny and all.. Plasti dip can be used as well, but know that it will be very dark.. A few coats will look like crap and a lot of coats barely let's light through...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I used night shades on my reflectors you gotta do a lot of sanding and what not I wouldn't do it if your not good with paint it doesn't come off easy and I wouldn't wanna ruin a set of $400 tail lights

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
You guys that dont like the stock or billet grills should start contacting M&S Carart and Import Shark. They just released a very nice front grill for the Genesis. Id imagine something similar for the VT would really sell.

·
Registered
11,486 Posts
I used night shades on my reflectors you gotta do a lot of sanding and what not I wouldn't do it if your not good with paint it doesn't come off easy and I wouldn't wanna ruin a set of $400 tail lights
Punctuation. Please! Massive run-on posts make it very difficult to read what you wrote.

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I just want a stock grill without the brick :( ...not completely sold on the billet look yet...
I'm with you. I am not saying the billet looks bad at all. It just isn't my style. I like how the bars gong across the grill are thicker and more spread out. Where as the billet has way more thinner bars going across. IF only it didn't have that brick. I asked them if they could just replicate the stock grill look. They said yeah but it'll cost more because it they would have to make it special or whatever. If they can only make a billet grill but look just like the stock style I would totally be on board.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I'm with you. I am not saying the billet looks bad at all. It just isn't my style. I like how the bars gong across the grill are thicker and more spread out. Where as the billet has way more thinner bars going across. IF only it didn't have that brick. I asked them if they could just replicate the stock grill look. They said yeah but it'll cost more because it they would have to make it special or whatever. If they can only make a billet grill but look just like the stock style I would totally be on board.
I'd love a stock grill without the stupid brick too, as we don't need front plates here...
But the Hex grille from Kyle looks like the direction I'll end up going.

Also: Your name is so misleading lol

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
I'd love a stock grill without the stupid brick too, as we don't need front plates here...
But the Hex grille from Kyle looks like the direction I'll end up going.

Also: Your name is so misleading lol
if only they had a billet grill that looked exactly like the stock but with out the brick and optional emblem I would be totally in. but I can honestly live with the factory grill.

I regret my username when I first decided to use back when I was 18 and in love. you know how it is. whatever your dream girl name is (mine is Diana) you use her name for things like username lol. my dream girl (now my wife) name is Diana. therefore MyDiana. her favorite car is the corvette z06. so MyDianaZ06 lol. but everyone thinks I'm a girl named Diana and I have a Z06.

my wife's username for whatever (email and whatnot) was MyMichaelCB7.

we were young and dumb :D

since then, other than my forums username, everything else changed and gotten mature. the only reason I still use my username MyDianaZ06 is because I have been using that for years and would hate to change it for whatever reason.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
.....my dream girl is Megan Fox, should i start using it as my login name. I don't think my wife would get upset, right? lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.