Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi...just curious why you are tuning you car by yourself if you pay a tune to N75 and also what you do with the DCT clutch you bought?...do you install it???

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think they were having issues tuning the car to work properly and did not know if tune or parts related.
well..i paid a tune with N75 and loose my money....my car ran faster with my tune than with their tune and they dont want to admit it....even with loggings to prove it with my HP Tuners...i even when to the track... [email protected] with their [email protected] with my tune...they never answer my last email so i guess we are done....

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did pay him for tuning. Project was plagued with issues for a little over a year now. No bad blood with N75, he's a great dude and super supportive and is still helping me along the process!

I haven't installed it yet. I'm just getting to the point where I'm hitting higher power and I haven't noticed any issues with the clutch so far. I'm of half a mind to sell it if I can reach my goal without it.
well you are lucky then....i loose my money on that but this is how we learn the hard way....my clutch is still holding at my power level which is unknown right now but im guessing is on the 300hp plus since my 111 mph suggests that...good luck with your set up...im using bitedit and pcmflash for my kona what are you using to tune??

·
Registered
6 Posts
The oem tcu tune and clutch have issues holding more than 280-290 hp and tq before slipping on most of the dct cars. Also the kona curb weight is close to 3k not 3.3k lbs. Race weight is what matters with the ET and MPH as well! Be cool to see dyno as well!
maybe 3200 with me and all the xtra weight like the 4 mufflers i install for lowering the sound and tool box etc etc...i think in reaching the point of slipping clutch but let see how it handles...maybe the rods go first hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
~3300lbs, 13 @ 111mph? Yeah I'd say you're pushing +330 depending on the conditions. Hope it's got some good rods in there!

winols & tunerpro
i know you will find that tuning by yourself is far better than be tune by N75 or any other company...good luck you seems a very knowledgeable guy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nah, I have no need for an EK1 being in this deep. I could run my tunes off of it without needing to pay more I might but it's proprietary so... I'm not paying more lol

I did sort this out! It was tune related.

The map sensors are fine!
you will keep finding new things on the tune every time you reflash your car...my car is getting faster and faster as im fine tuning it...keep searching...testing and fine tuning you car...good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts