Veloster Turbo Forum banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
Discussion Starter · #41 · (Edited)
Lord oh lord have I been going through it. Car was not happy on start ups. constantly dying. JUST got it to be stable. Looking like I'm going to need to get a new battery soon because the near stalls at idle are looking to be caused by a big dip in voltage.

LPFP needs two O-rings btw. NBR O-rings also swell in fuel so getting the fitment just right is a pita. I'm not sure how those are going to hold up to E-85 but we'll cross that bridge when we get there I guess.

Had to trim up the fuel line a few times.

Plan on going back to re-torque the bolts on the downpipe... but I really don't want to do that again 馃槰馃槰

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Lol finally got all that sorted... almost 3 weeks of agony. Lessons learned? Don't rush. Take your time. Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be. Reassess before making a decision on any point of no return.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
So, for all those that are following my spacers. I'm on coils and about an inch lower, with 20mm spacers in the front. Today I just lost my passenger side wheel liner lol. Dove over a driveway too hard 馃槀.

More of an issue that I've been losing those retainer clips that keep the front part attached to the bumper so I think that got dragged under the tire and then rip! Clean off. So just make sure you have everything clipped down!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Also, due to some fallout with Tork over my build was in search of a new tuner... So... N75 is my new tuner! Hoping we can tackle my goals!

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
:-/

Super Moderator
never heard of em...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I think they do most of they're marketing on FB and IG. But I think they are making waves on the VT2 side. Based in the greater Toronto area. Their the only other person working on TCU stuff openly

Super Moderator
that makes sense, i'm not in social media. it's the devil.... a true scourge of our earth.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Ya know lol you're not wrong 馃槀. But this photography ain't gonna sell itself 馃槶

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
that makes sense, i'm not in social media. it's the devil.... a true scourge of our earth.
Social media is what you make it and can be a devil of bullsht or a haven of uplifting followings that promote happiness and inspiration. It's a great place if you know where to look and find yourself. 馃憤
Back on topic. 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Lol back on topic, did my first test ride on the new tune. Feel pretty solid for a first draft. Can't say I'm down on power but the car certainly feels good! I'm spraying alot more meth than normal recently so that also might have something to do with it.

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Lol back on topic, did my first test ride on the new tune. Feel pretty solid for a first draft. Can't say I'm down on power but the car certainly feels good! I'm spraying alot more meth than normal recently so that also might have something to do with it.
What exactly are they doing with the TCM on their tunes?
Are they changing shift points through the tune and are they doing anything with line pressure for harder more firm shifts? Just curious.

I had an electronic shift kit for my 4t40e 4 speed transmission that you could manually change line pressure and torque converter lock up.
It actually made me to like an automatic with the way it shifted, delayed lockup, and that's why I'm asking about what's being done with the work for the TCM. 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
With my tune? Im not sure. Feels like it's revving out further but I might just be making that up.

But at least on the site it says they can Rev out to 7k. But I know they've made posts about being able to access more TCM data because they have those dealership level scanners. I don't know the entire scope of what they can do with the TCU but they're making progress on it at least.

Maybe @trdtoy knows more about it.

Super Moderator
I've known N75 for a while and have been speaking to them. They can remove some limiters in the TCU and make the DCT rev out to 7k before the shift. The TCU has to be sent to them to do this though and is quite costly.

The datalog from the tune looked good but was still conservative for the mods for sure compared to where I set them at on 93 pump gas and water/meth.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Interesting. Well I've got time before that point anyway.

Yeah I'm excited about it! He mentioned not touching timing much because he was unsure about the fuel grade I was using, being Canadian and all. hopefully we can sort out this tune soon so I can jump over to the e85 map and finally start doing something positive for my environment ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Aaaaaand now the turbo's gone :)

Or at least I think it might be that. P0299 code pending. White smoke in the exhaust. No boost.

I haven't gotten to fully investigate (waiting on a taller jack from a friend... if I'm gonna be under the car for a bit might as well be comfortable!). But hopefully that's the extent of the damage. Gonna do a compression test tomorrow to rule out the block, if that's all good then I'm going to pull off the turbo. and if it's just that... then I'll just replace it with the stuffed turbo I had anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
So 2 lost bolts and a missing 10mm socket later 馃槀

Halfway through the install, broke a stud on the turbo for the downpipe. I'm really not trying to take the valve cover off again, so we're gonna try to extract it from the bottom. I guess I have time to mull over it while I wait for the replacement. Might have to take it all off if Josh from KDMtuners sends the other kind of studs. We'll see.

Other than that, everything was going fine. Still waiting on an intercooler to replace my boost leak issues so I'm not in a big rush.

Super Moderator
I have been nauseated ever since I saw the pic of the turbine. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Super Moderator
post them here!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Haha yeah that was pretty horrific 馃槀. it's coming along. Alot easier to do than I thought minus the hang ups. If only I could read those headstuds too 馃槄.

I didn't take many photos. It's more of a documentary on my IG story lol. I'll take some pictures for ya tomorrow, I'm on break today 馃槀

41 - 60 of 92 Posts