Veloster Turbo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
Haha yeah that was pretty horrific 馃槀. it's coming along. Alot easier to do than I thought minus the hang ups. If only I could read those headstuds too 馃槄.

I didn't take many photos. It's more of a documentary on my IG story lol. I'll take some pictures for ya tomorrow, I'm on break today 馃槀
I'd seen the pictures on the IG. 馃榿
This man can wrench. 馃憤馃馃槑

Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Lol here's a screenshot of the horror

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
  • So, went to the machine shop and had them remove the stud for me after my failed attempt (lol my poor pockets, cool experience though)
  • Got the turbo+downpipe back on today and filled her up
  • Left the pipes off because I was just testing it
  • Primed her up aaaaaaannd
  • SHE LIVES!!!
I will say, if you ever need to do this job, make sure you top off the coolant before you start it. My dumb self didn't and started freaking out that the water temps were 236... Hopefully I didn't damage anything in the process (but it was just idling so probably not?). Just burped the system and got the temps back down to 180's lol. Uploaded the new tune as well. Cars going to sit on jack stands until I complete the following

1. Clean the exhaust system of shrapnel and oil from the old turbo lol
  2. Install the new intercooler when it arrives (next week :cry:)
  3. Put the car back together lol the intake side is still in pieces, probably tinker a bit on that in the morning.

Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Fingers crossed

What about the head studs and DCT clutch?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Head studs are still sitting in a box.

clutch has yet to ship lol but I think that's an issue between josh and the machine shop he's using, they keep telling him 2 weeks... 2 weeks goes by lol...

Doesn't matter though, quoted ~3k on the head and trans job so that's still a Winter expense... gotta pay off all these parts first haha.

Reactions: misnblu

Super Moderator
Well let's not blow the engine or the transmission in the meantime.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well I have been eyeing a new bottom end 馃憖馃憖 lol yeah, just trying to get the car back to where I Was before, maybe a little extra. But staying under that head studs threshold should keep me outta trouble 馃檭

Registered
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Intercooler came in yesterday. Struggled with that Tial Flange. Car's back on the road. 21lbs map, so it feels pretty oem+ but man does it sound good!

The bumper is still off because I can't be bothered lol. But I'm debating fixing a mistake I made during install now, or after my break in period.

Registered
Intercooler came in yesterday. Struggled with that Tial Flange. Car's back on the road. 21lbs map, so it feels pretty oem+ but man does it sound good!

The bumper is still off because I can't be bothered lol. But I'm debating fixing a mistake I made during install now, or after my break in period.
Pics or it didnt happen. 馃榿馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
Lol I missed out on the pictures this time, Busy week...

Anyway... I'm back on the stock tune until I work out this weird boost fluctuation I'm having. 4th and 5th gear have this issue of the boost jumping around a few psi before settling out at 17psi, issue doesn't occur on stock tune.

Suspect is the EBCS. Apparently the MAC solenoids aren't great for this application because of their 40c operating temp. So I'm switching to a pierburg, sad to let go of the XE ebcs. Other culprits could be:
  • Boost leak, there's one coupling that wasn't sitting nicely
  • BOV flange, we struggled to get it to sit. I think the powder coating made the clearance too big for the collar.
  • BOV Spring, 6lbs spring but I idle at 7psi vacuum? but the next spring is an 8lbs spring.
Other than that, got alot of driving to do this weekend... probably going to be 600/1000 miles I need for my break in after this weekend.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Lol wrong thread? 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Haha it's all good. I hear it's been a long day 馃槀馃槵

Super Moderator
And another one tomorrow.....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
New video of some updates

Super Moderator
Can't wait to see further progress!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Lol pierburg comes in tomorrow so I should be able to proceed with tuning finally.

Registered
New video of some updates
Had me scratching my nose every 10 seconds after watching it. 馃槀馃槈
I had the same attitude when I had communication with Tork and mentioned KDMTuners. He was turned off immediately and like you said to go elsewhere for parts so yeah, he basically lost my business for being so shallow with others in the KDM community of suppliers. 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔

Nice video and nice work on the car. 馃憤馃檹馃徑馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Haha allergies, when we were having that tropical storm Elsa 馃槀馃槄

Yeah it was a really bizarre conversation lol...

Thanks man! Next video should be alot more fun if everything goes well with tuning!

61 - 80 of 92 Posts