2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,233 Posts
Fingers are crossed!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·

Finally got the solenoid. Waaaay better. car does what it's supposed to now, no drama. Waiting on next revision!

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Can't wait to see it do work!

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Now that the stuffed turbo is on you may want to look at getting that redline to 7k rpm to help power some up top without needing the extra boost. Although not sure how the oem clutch would handle it.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Yeah I'm eye balling that 7k 👀👀👀. If we could take it out to 7k and hold torque at redline that'd be amazing. But I think he wants to take his time working up on the power. Would like to finish up the 93 tune so I can work on the e85 tune.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
From my talks with him not sure if he can tune for high E fuel or not and get good results and no CEL. He does mostly gen 2 VT and was clueless on maps for E and why needed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Yeah I'm guessing they are super limited on fuel types up there since getting 100ron involves them using octane booster. It'll be a process but we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
I'm not sure if the VT2 works same as VT1 tuning just yet and also not sure if he's tuned a car over E30 before which will not throw a code or have as many issues as higher E due to not changing some needed maps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Guess I'll just have to have faith 🙃

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

Here's a video of me talking about datalogging. I'm literally just killing time until my next revision.

Probably going to do a video on power mods next if I don't have a new revision to keep me entertained. Last week I have of idle time before the school year starts again.

·
Super Moderator
5,233 Posts
Cool video man!

You need to put a video together for when Manny gets his VT on the dyno and I tweak the tune on it. I think he may do head studs and stuffed turbo at some point. Right now it's pretty strong on stock turbo stock engine on the E85 and water/meth injection.

Can't wait to see where you're at on the dyno numbers soon.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Lol I keep meaning to do some videos with them but I'm always working or without my camera. Definitely wanna feature his car and Brian's if he gets it running again soon. Dude who is doing Brian's head job might end up doing all of ours if goes well.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts