Veloster Turbo Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,429 Posts
On the dyno you have to start with coolant like 120's or 130's in 4th gear and do some like half throttle 2-3 second pulls to get the ECT up and to make the methanol spray to lower IAT. Once you get to 160's ECT and IAT well below ambient then get to 3k rpm and make a WOT pull to redline.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
And would you believe I forgot to enforce this advice today lol... smh

At any rate, this morning was I was testing out lower spray settings. 5/15. was cutting out every attempt at WOT.

Did some math during my lunch break. learned the limit of a 2D meth controller... issue is I'm spraying too much at [email protected] but not enough at [email protected]

So I'm just going to worry about tackling 4k until my tune limits are up. moved it to 5/25 and the car performed waaay better. Perhaps even the best I've seen it. Wants to make more boost at 4k. holding nearly 240% engine load all the way out. Timing wasn't hurt at redline. Might try to attempt 5/28 and see if there are any improvements.

learning. trial and error. same old same old.

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
And would you believe I forgot to enforce this advice today lol... smh

At any rate, this morning was I was testing out lower spray settings. 5/15. was cutting out every attempt at WOT.

Did some math during my lunch break. learned the limit of a 2D meth controller... issue is I'm spraying too much at [email protected] but not enough at [email protected]

So I'm just going to worry about tackling 4k until my tune limits are up. moved it to 5/25 and the car performed waaay better. Perhaps even the best I've seen it. Wants to make more boost at 4k. holding nearly 240% engine load all the way out. Timing wasn't hurt at redline. Might try to attempt 5/28 and see if there are any improvements.

learning. trial and error. same old same old.
Yes datalogging and taking notes is critical. If timing falls you either have too much or too little spray volume in that area. Make small changes and repeat pulls with the same parameters otherwise. You will find the sweet spot. 1cc/min/bhp is the area it needs to be in on 50% methanol or higher mix. Around half that on lower mixes.

Glad I could shed light on the joys of a 2D controller yesterday. You can go to a better controller but the cost goes up quite a bit. And the gains will not be huge at the power levels these cars are making but would see gains nonetheless.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Lol I'm done spending money on performance parts. I'm installing these last things and getting my wheels and a Wang 😂. 2D is going to have to be good enough! It will be fine later once we clean up the front of the boost curve and add more to the back. The min max settings should make more sense when peak boost is further down the rpm range.

Makes me wish I could tune because I'd be dialing it in every day after work lol

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
What about a diff? I missed that. ..

·
Super Moderator
3,785 Posts
the BEST tires. even 200tw can't keep it clean, lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Last few weeks of stuff in 1 video

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
Love the videos

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
the BEST tires. even 200tw can't keep it clean, lol
To be fair, mostly any of my fun driving is gonna be from a roll lol. I rarely do anything from a dig unless datalogging or dragstrip.

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
I can't wait for the dyno video and maybe some videos running against some Qwik Tyme Performance tuned VT's in Mexico although the drive would be fairly long. :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
I can't wait for the dyno video and maybe some videos running against some Qwik Tyme Performance tuned VT's in Mexico although the drive would be fairly long. :)
Haha I'm working on it this evening after I get back from tire kingdom. pothole... Replacing with 2 crap tires for now, hopefully that holds me over until late winter.

Haha it'll be worth the drive, heard they've got good tacos 😂

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
If you do make the trip and run the orange VT in the area gets ahead of you then just don't get too close drafting it because I hear it throws fire!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Also my elusive clutch finally shipped! bad timing though haha

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
Studs, clutch, tune..... :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Probably gonna look more like V4... Studs... V5... V6... V7-10... Clutch... Pray someone's got a tcu offering by then haha

·
Administrator
5,429 Posts
N75 does TCU tuning for the DCT tho.....

We're honored to not see a video that has not been posted yet to the public!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
He said it was under development still. I just knew he was working on it. So eventually...

Lol that did not work. YouTube is weird about a scheduled videos. If it's scheduled it's private and you can't share private 😂

101 - 120 of 128 Posts