Veloster Turbo Forum banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
The oem tcu tune and clutch have issues holding more than 280-290 hp and tq before slipping on most of the dct cars. Also the kona curb weight is close to 3k not 3.3k lbs. Race weight is what matters with the ET and MPH as well! Be cool to see dyno as well!
maybe 3200 with me and all the xtra weight like the 4 mufflers i install for lowering the sound and tool box etc etc...i think in reaching the point of slipping clutch but let see how it handles...maybe the rods go first hehe

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sxth TCU Tune review, it's snappy, no clutch slippage. car feels good. Unsure about "launch control" or 7k limiter yet.
Sky did you end up purchasing the EK1?

• Map sensors could need replacing
    • they're the other part of the AFR equation
    • the harness on the cold pipe, I notice the wire is somewhat exposed there
    • easy to test, cheap to replace
Did this fix your issue?
I'm assuming you're purchasing the new part number? I know the old versions wouldn't read anything over 18psi-ish.

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Sky did you end up purchasing the EK1?
Nah, I have no need for an EK1 being in this deep. I could run my tunes off of it without needing to pay more I might but it's proprietary so... I'm not paying more lol

Did this fix your issue?
I'm assuming you're purchasing the new part number? I know the old versions wouldn't read anything over 18psi-ish.
I did sort this out! It was tune related.

The map sensors are fine!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nah, I have no need for an EK1 being in this deep. I could run my tunes off of it without needing to pay more I might but it's proprietary so... I'm not paying more lol

I did sort this out! It was tune related.

The map sensors are fine!
you will keep finding new things on the tune every time you reflash your car...my car is getting faster and faster as im fine tuning it...keep searching...testing and fine tuning you car...good luck.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts