Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a V.T. middle of last month. Rang the dealer yesterday to be told dont expect delivery this year!! :furious:
John

·
Registered
183 Posts
I test drove one on the weekend and was told up to 4 months for some, I suppose it depends which colour and manual/auto and if they already have it. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a white VT on July 19 and had to cancel the order and accept a matt grey VT instead to get it a little faster. Got it on Sept 12 and am in love with the car...

·
Registered
63 Posts
hmmm... I ordered my Matte Grey on the 6th of July and received it the 11th of September. Long waits! I was also told that there will be no more production runs of the matte grey this year....

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Im in the Toronto Area. Ordered my matte grey on Aug 20 something. I was told 8-12 weeks. Then while talking to my dealer he advised me that one would be arriving Sept 20 or 22nd. I hope they are BSing me cuz I cant wait any longer. Actually I was good with 12 weeks, but now that they gave me a sooner date I will be pissed if its late.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Ok...on a Matte Grey I can see a wait, cause let's be honest...it's hot as hell...

But I don't know if I'd EVER wait 3 months for a car otherwise.
I love my VT to pieces, but 3 months is a long time.

Plus the longer you wait, the closer it gets to the 2014 models and such so perceived value is lowered (in my mind).

·
Registered
128 Posts
Only middle of last month? I've been waiting four and I just got my VT last Friday.

Fact is, there was a huge workers strike at the Hyundai manufacturing plant in S. Korea that's just ended recently (been going on since early June) and is the reason why hardly any VT's are being delivered. They should start to arrive soon, but if you're really impatient just do what I did: send a letter to Hyundai Consumer Affairs telling them how disappointed you are that these cars aren't appearing in your area. Two weeks ago, I went from being told to pick up my deposit because the dealership wasn't sure if/when their stock was going to arrive too "Your car has arrived" in a matter of days.

See? Second VT owner in AZ. Love my VT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Im in the Toronto Area. Ordered my matte grey on Aug 20 something. I was told 8-12 weeks. Then while talking to my dealer he advised me that one would be arriving Sept 20 or 22nd. I hope they are BSing me cuz I cant wait any longer. Actually I was good with 12 weeks, but now that they gave me a sooner date I will be pissed if its late.
Yours will be part of the first and only production run, same as mine. Should have it soon!!

Ok...on a Matte Grey I can see a wait, cause let's be honest...it's hot as hell...

But I don't know if I'd EVER wait 3 months for a car otherwise.
I love my VT to pieces, but 3 months is a long time.

Plus the longer you wait, the closer it gets to the 2014 models and such so perceived value is lowered (in my mind).
LOL, I ordered my 370Z in August 09 and received it January 20th 2010.... THAT was a long wait for a sports car to be delivered in the middle of an Alberta winter....

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have been told in Vic from one place it can be up to 6 months, from others 6 weeks to 12 weeks (I believe more 12 than 6).
I wonder if the wait is due to that dealership already having its allocation?

But I have also been told that the colour and transmission will make the time vary as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Aussie when did you order yours?? I ordered my Manual in Storm Trooper on 21 Oct (last weekend) & they've estimated delivery Jan 2013... arrrggghhhh! I'm so impatient, I can't wait!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thats sad to hear that people are having to wait so long. I told my dealer what I wanted Sept 15 and picked it up on Sept 22. Of course I wanted Vit C but I was told that wouldnt happen so I settled for the elite white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Aussie when did you order yours?? I ordered my Manual in Storm Trooper on 21 Oct (last weekend) & they've estimated delivery Jan 2013... arrrggghhhh! I'm so impatient, I can't wait!!
our order date was about the 19th of Oct, Im guessing the dealer is being very conservative with our delivery date (the vehicle is also being leased thru leaseplan which also got us a sizable fleet discount :) ).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Bex, that is exactly what I'm looking to pay with mats :p

I'll go $35,500 with tinting. I'm not paying the $595 they qouted for tinting to me when i can get it done for $300 elsewhere

·
Registered
54 Posts
absolutely - I'll be getting the tinting done myself & won't pay more than about $300 for it to be done either... But I'm pretty happy with the price given the supply/demand issues :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
I've had all $37000+ qoutes so far except one which said $36200 but happy to deal, so I'll speak to him first, but I'll happily walk if I don't get what I want.

I would pay more tho :p

1 - 20 of 252 Posts