Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what PID/sec speeds others are getting because for some reason, over the last few weeks, I've only been getting 5-7 PIDs/sec when I used to get 45-50 PIDs/sec.
Nothing has changed, same phone(LG), same adapter, same android version, ect.
What this is causing is my logs to miss data. The app (Torque) will record to a log file ever 0.1seconds, but data from the PID will only refresh every 1.0-1.5 seconds, making logs very choppy.

Something to note, I installed and tried out OBDLinks own app and get smooth, fast logging. Around 40-45 PIDs/sec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
There's a setting in torque that you have to turn on to activate higher bandwidth logging in OBDLink adapters. Make sure that is on. That's my only stab at a solution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's a setting in torque that you have to turn on to activate higher bandwidth logging in OBDLink adapters. Make sure that is on. That's my only stab at a solution.
Yea, it's on. Idk whats up. Using a different logging app for now, I figure its the phone.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,966 Posts
Maybe you have malware on it. Android OS is notorious for being easily compromised. Install a few anti-malware apps and see if they catch anything.

Apart from that, disable unneeded programs that are running. Go through the TqP settings and disable the G and GPS PIDs and stop calculating MPG. Enable fast performance setting. Try to avoid having too many monitors/gauges running at the same time you are logging.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top