Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did an oil change last week and I have drove the car since. There hasn't been any oil deposits on the ground (and it did sit for three days straight in the same spot), but I decided to take a look just to see if everything was clean and noticed some oil on the outside of the filter. I don't recall this ever happening in the past.

I didn't over-tighten the filter, but I did turn it as far as I could when I did the change. Should I try to turn it a little bit more? Open to suggestions.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
I would suggest to not disturb it just yet.

Wipe it off good and wait a few days to

see if the seepage returns. Chances are

what you find is probably some oil that

was splashed when you changed the

filter. That's all...

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Definitely what ricky said. I used to have oil sometimes find my driveway, but it was from splashing around when old filter would come off during change. No leaks, just drips.

·
Registered
321 Posts
How much was some? Everytime I've had, or seen some type of leakage there was always drips on pavement, chances are it's just extra oil film from the change.

Wipe it daily for a week, if it's clean then forget about it.

·
Premium Member
2,564 Posts
I have seen this on my car as well it seems to only happen if I dont wipe off the mating surface on the block for the filter. Never left a drop on the ground just one little streak on the filter

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. I used an OEM filter and will just monitor it for a few days to make sure. Thanks all!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen this on my car as well it seems to only happen if I dont wipe off the mating surface on the block for the filter. Never left a drop on the ground just one little streak on the filter
This was exactly it, btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts