Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm really a fan guys, I think most of the veloster owners I've seen smoke their tails but it really doesn't impress me. I like our tails, it reminds me of Superlux but a VT version. Nice job though dmarie, it looks great though.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I went ahead and did it bc I plan on getting some hot pink rims and since the lights come around the side, I thought the pink and red would clash. I do like the shade, too..like gp said, not too dark but just right :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Good idea on nightshading the reflectors, particularly since I'm installing exLED's reflector LEDs. That'll look cool. dmarie yours look good too.

ttwotees :cool2:

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Thanks guys. I went ahead and did it bc I plan on getting some hot pink rims and since the lights come around the side, I thought the pink and red would clash. I do like the shade, too..like gp said, not too dark but just right :)
Yeah if your going to be pinking out your rims (+1 btw,) then I'm going to agree your tails needed to be smoked out. I like them, just I'm not so sure if its my style or not... plus I'm a little weary on removing them? Would have been awesome to have a DIY *winks lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I actually had to try taking off some of it bc when I did a second coat on one of them, it didn't turn out well. I had a headlight repair/polishing kit. After using the fine sander and polisher that u attach to a drill, it took about 15 mins but I was able to get it down to the first coat (which is very light). The night shades cost $13, polishing kit was under $30..much cheaper than tinting or getting different lights altogether :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
im geting mine done but also the 3rd brake light and those reflectors... Ok where can i get an LED kit to make those reflectors workable????????

·
Registered
340 Posts
Used Night Shades spray, about 2-3 coats. Looks badass and the lights are still shining bright :)
BEFORE
View attachment 552
DURING
View attachment 553
AFTER
View attachment 554
View attachment 555
View attachment 556
View attachment 557
Hey Dmarie; Yours looked so good, I decided to do mine too. I put on two coats of Night Shades on the main part of the tailight, but only one coat on the backup lights. I also installed exLED's reflector LED inserts and Night Shaded them too plus 3 coats of clear. Oh no, I must have made a bad connection because the left one doesn't light. I'll have to check on Saturday. I haven't made any daytime photos, my VT is black and looks similar to yours. I did take some night photos and you can see the back-up lights, reflector light and the license plate LEDs too.

Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Automotive lighting Vehicle Light Car Bumper

·
2,385 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,483 Posts
Do those reflectors actually light up when you press the brake or really... you wouldn't want that? I'm not even sure if I like it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do those reflectors actually light up when you press the brake or really... you wouldn't want that? I'm not even sure if I like it.
well i just ordered mine and yes you can wire them that way or do like im doing in just the outer ring lights up when headlights are on... i think it looks better that way not to much going on that way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for that link! I think I will be getting those. That's why I didn't spray the reflectors, bc they wouldn't really do any good if they were covered.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Link Building Software: Resources and Info

Absolutely everyone knows that building links is a wonderful way to get exposure, but it can consider a lot of time to create partnerships with good quality internet sites. But, if you have the right tools, it can be swift and effortless. The best link building tools are those that have a number of distinct sorts of links that you can generate. A various link portfolio is really critical to the research engines.

It is also quite helpful if the link building software has a monitors to make certain that your links are even now active. If your link is no extended on a site or the site is reindexed, it will not aid your website at all.

One more useful thing with link building software is queues. If you can construct links on a schedule and drip them out, it seems a lot far more normal to the research engines.

Of program, a cost-free trial isn't going to harm either. If you can consider out the software for free, you can see how it functions without purchasing something. Look into this fantastic link building software link. It has beneficial information and facts about link building software which you might find very helpful.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Warning to texas veloster owners with smoked tailights

WARNING TO TEXAS VELOSTER OWNERS -

I went to get my state inspection today and was turned away from the first station where I stopped. Texas has a new law that inspections will not be granted to vehicles with any smoked out lights, even if from the manufacturer. Fortunately, I found a sympathetic station who said he was going to help me with an inspection this time, but I would have to change them next year before getting an inspection. Thanks guy!

I'm not going to remove the smoked tailights unless I start getting tickets (which I doubt) but I will buy a second pair of NA lights to take to inspection next year since they're so easy to replace.

Don't say you weren't warned.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Thanks for that link! I think I will be getting those. That's why I didn't spray the reflectors, bc they wouldn't really do any good if they were covered.
I nightshaded my reflectors, but I also added the flashing LEDs sold by exLED shop (a site sponsor) They look great now, but I have
one that isn't working. I must've made a bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
375 Posts
you have got to be kidding. wonder whats next on the list of things that will not pass.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts