Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my driver bearing is hollowing at me, i need.replace it. oreillys saying i cant buy a full assembly and i gotta press the bearing and get old 1 out? anyone know where or how to do this?

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts
yes, it needs to be pressed out. easiest for me is to remove the knuckle and have a shop press one out and in. may as well replace the hub too.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Veloster Turbo Manual
4,121 Posts
jegs has one cheaper and free shipping right now.

my issue is storing all this stuff. i have a standup strut compressor now luckily it doesn't take up much space. but those presses are literally twice the footprint and i have a 1.5 car garage that already has a workbench, 2 sets of tires, all my tools and storage. plus my motorcycle and two bicycles.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jegs has one cheaper and free shipping right now.

my issue is storing all this stuff. i have a standup strut compressor now luckily it doesn't take up much space. but those presses are literally twice the footprint and i have a 1.5 car garage that already has a workbench, 2 sets of tires, all my tools and storage. plus my motorcycle and two bicycles.
i did total cost of buyin the tools and just out right paying a shop for my right side was 306 bucks from shop. to buy all the tools around 400 and me too i need a place to store the tools to sit because im lacking a shop i had a shed but its already got stuff in it i use daily.

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
228 Posts
i did total cost of buyin the tools and just out right paying a shop for my right side was 306 bucks from shop. to buy all the tools around 400 and me too i need a place to store the tools to sit because im lacking a shop i had a shed but its already got stuff in it i use daily.
Don't forget that you'll need an alignment afterwards too. Gotta remove the entire knuckle to get the bearing out and that completely ruins the alignment. If you can do most of the work and remove the knuckle, most shops will press it out for cheap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts