Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it HSD NGM Megan. Please respond with your experiences. I would like to find THE BEST from THE PEOPLE who own them. I am ready to purchase them. So far im swaying towards the HSD. Am I right? Thank guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts
K-Sport.

·
Super Moderator
2,473 Posts
you should have created a poll but id listen to the meower. ^ hehe I got NGMs tho no issues so far.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Letigre21.......Are they adjustable for height?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
arks and k sport

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
it also depends on what you want to do with your car because if you want the torsion bar you cant get certain coilovers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went with the Ksport Coilovers - Kontrol Pro Kit Got a great deal over at MHmotorsports with Luke. Thanks guys!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,073 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
IMO for reasons i find not suitable the only Coils i wont get at this point is NGM. They work fine for most, but not for me

KSport is a very nice coil.. Just a bit hard to adjust the back when needed.. However if your a daily and want to go to the track here and there i would just set the rear at 10clicks(Actually i think im at 15 clicks in the rear as a daily) and forget about it.. Throw a torsion bar on there and the back will be pretty sweet..

For what its worth what ever coil you buy make sure the mounting point for the rear shock is the same as stock. Meaning the eye that the bottom bolt goes through is Under or inline with the shock. COils like NGM are mounted with the mounting point above the bottom of the shock.. I see issues in the long run with this type of mounting system.. Now i know there are a million different views on this, Do your homework and buy whats best FOR YOU and the budget you have to work with..

Happy modding!!!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
So which coils can't have the rear torsion?
There is a post somewhere that swordfish made that puts it very simply what coilovers you can use. But like Josh said anything with the rear mounting point like stock, which means mounting wye is under the shock body, will work.

·
Registered
232 Posts
IMO I would go with ksport due to the fact u can rebuild any part of coilover that becomes damaged....... It's a relief knowing that u don't have to buy a whole complete new set and just replace what's damaged

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
mine just went out last night driver side front blew now its all bouncy on dips ahaha still drivable though but im gonna be picking up d2's to give them a try and i have always herd good thigns from them also felt them on another tiburon before back in the days and felt nice xD

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
im gonna be picking up d2's to give them a try and i have always herd good thigns from them also felt them on another tiburon before back in the days and felt nice xD
D2 and K-Sports are the same beasts. You'd be picking between Orange and Purple.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts