Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any issues with running a solid motor mount on a dct? Just installed a whiteline SMM on my 16 VT DCT, and along with the vibrations I feel like I can hear the clutches engage a lot more now, making a clunking noise up front. I tried to find if anyone was running a SMM with a dct, only person I found was toogqforyou and it seems like most of his dct problems was just from the dct itself. I don’t mind the vibrations on the car but I just want to make sure no one has found anything happen to their dct after installing this motor mount.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
replacing the motor mount shouldn't cause any loss of functionality with the transmission.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I was puzzled when my service department was going to deny my dct replacement because I had an aftermarket (75a rating) motor mount. I removed it cuz I wanted my new dct, so yeah

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
Anyone know of any issues with running a solid motor mount on a dct? Just installed a whiteline SMM on my 16 VT DCT, and along with the vibrations I feel like I can hear the clutches engage a lot more now, making a clunking noise up front. I tried to find if anyone was running a SMM with a dct, only person I found was toogqforyou and it seems like most of his dct problems was just from the dct itself. I don’t mind the vibrations on the car but I just want to make sure no one has found anything happen to their dct after installing this motor mount.
Which whiteline motor mount insert do you have? I think there are two version. One is softer one is harder.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the SXTH EM3 and I occasionally hear a more clunky noise from my transmission, but I wasn’t thinking that was it because I didn’t really become aware of it til I lowered it on KSport coilovers… Now you have me thinking it might be that…

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the SXTH EM3 and I occasionally hear a more clunky noise from my transmission, but I wasn’t thinking that was it because I didn’t really become aware of it til I lowered it on KSport coilovers… Now you have me thinking it might be that…
It’s a similar noise I hear coming to a stop, I sometimes hear my dct clutch engage, but I hear it so often now. I mean I’m sure it’s fine but i just wanted to see if anyone else had similar experiences

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was puzzled when my service department was going to deny my dct replacement because I had an aftermarket (75a rating) motor mount. I removed it cuz I wanted my new dct, so yeah

I mean def worth taking it off for a new dct haha. So I’m guessing you didn’t have any problems with the 75a inserts as compared to stock

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
none what so ever other than the normal break in period of overwhelming vibrations. it subsided though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts