Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collected some data today during lunch. I will share some logs once after I get to logging a few more sensors and hook the CAI extension back up. The CAI extension should help the numbers I am seeing right now slightly.

Granted it is the winter and it is colder but so far the results are looking pretty good.

I was going back and looking at some logs back from ABQ and seeing heat soak causing almost a doubling of ambient temperatures (@ 75 degrees) and an 'at best' difference of about 30 degrees F under boost difference between ambient and IAT.

I have done some extensive runs and haven't seen the IATs ever jump above 80 degrees.

Today on my third run in 3rd gear (from 2000rpm to redline) the IAT maxed out at under 54 degrees and stayed there from 4800 to 6600 rpm. The ambient temperature at the time was 37 degree.

Throughout the 40 minute drive, I made about 5 runs or so, 3 in 3rd gear and 2 in 2nd gear.

After the runs, I took the car through some traffic to sit there and try and let it heat soak being on/off boost, little airflow, etc. During this time, the highest logged IAT was 59 degrees.

I graphed some of the results in excel and what was the following:

2nd gear boost was 17.4lbs
3rd gear boost was 16.3lbs

@6000rpm though, boost was at~13lbs and still falling.

After I get the new brackets to mount the intercooler better and the right coupler, I am going to look at getting some dyno results. I am also looking at getting results on a local, mostly stock VT so there is something to compare my results to!

· Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AT or MT? I think you may have said but I forgot :p

· Premium Member
2,481 Posts
I have TopSpeed only touch my vehicle. If you ship them all of the parts they shouldn't have any issues knowing where it all goes right? lol... I doubt they would but I think they would appreciate some instructions or even I would.

· Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The FMIC kit will have a DIY. Doing my FMIC kit is just about as easy as doing the CAI.

Awesome on the M/T jeremy since mine is also a M/T, the results will be more comparable. Also, if you are interested or another local, I will give you a deal on the SRI/CAI and the FMIC kit so there will be 3 results on one car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.