Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I am posting this is because I mentioned I would get some data in another thread but I think this deserves its own thread.

I setup a 'dashboard' on Torque and took some screenshots..

First screen shot is right after I left work and the other ones follow the ride home. I need to find some software for the phone that will actually LOG/plot the data on more then one sensor at a time. (You can only do one line graph or two scatter points using torque)

The throttle sensor I chose does not seem to be right, only goes from ~10%-85% throttle instead of 0-100%.

The reason I have ambient and intake temp is to see how well the intercooler is doing its job.. My next change will be to extend the SRI to CAI and see how that affects the ambient vs. intake temp.

Was really weird to see the fuel pressure in a DI car reach 2000+ psi when my other turbo cars hit like 90 max.

you can see on the gauges the high and lows of each gauge. For some reason, the boost spikes differently sometimes. I have had it hit 20.1lbs and 19.8 before but yesterday the spike was 19lbs through the day.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o come on :p

vacuum/boost is just what is sounds..
shows the high and low values. High vacuum values are the engine under vacuum (under cruise, idle and shifting) Boost is the amount of pressure in the intake manifold, which peaked at 19lbs.

Ambient Air temp.. do I really need to explain? haha
temperature of the air outside

Intake Air temp
the air after it is sucked into the turbo, compressed and after it goes through the intercooler. the number is higher because of it being compressed by the turbo (makes it a lot hotter) My goal is to make the system efficient enough to decrease the gap of ambient and intake air temp.

Fuel Pressure
The fuel pressure at the rail.. Fuel pressure increases as the throttle, load, rpm, boost increase.

Throttle position
the amount you are pressing the pedal.

AFR = air/fuel ratio
The amount of air to fuel ratio going into the engine under certain conditions. lower the number means there is more fuel per parts of air.

higher the number = more air in the mixture.

The Wide Open Throttle, full load of 10.2:1 is very rich. If this could be 'tuned' out to like 12:1 you would gain power and fuel efficiency under load.

Horsepower
Just a rough horsepower at the wheels calculator based on some values I input into the software.. Doesn't seem to be accurate.

RPM
The engine revs per minute. Just wanted to compare the needle to what the sensor says the rpm is.

·
Registered
170 Posts
i would of thoght maybe a bit cooler after the intercooler , will be interesting to see the delta after you put the CAI on

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would have said that the intake temps were quite good actually..

at the most extreme point, the air was only ~32 degrees F above ambient temp.. Temps from the turbo before the intercooler (which I can't read) can get to 200+ ABOVE ambient temps.

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fuel rail pressure varies from 290.1 ~ 2175.6 psi in the high pressure fuel line.

I thought it had to be wrong also but HMA says differently.. The low pressure line BEFORE the high pressure fuel pump is 69.6 ~ 72.5 psi

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i was totally surprised when i saw the pressure got that high o_O i thought it was a typo so i went back and double checked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
With the Torque app, I have found that for the most accurate HP rating u need to go from a rolling start of about 10mph in 1st or 20mph in 2nd gear. I got a HP peak of 178. But it is kind of a challenge at times.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
hey quick question... How do i adjust the barometric pressure setting to get a n accurate Vacuum reading.. Or how do i find the pressure of where im at?? I think i had seen a gauge where it said i was at 14 something.. But the psi reads -17.7 when set at zero...Im confused.... I did set up the manifold pressure gauge and vac gauge side be side to get a accurate idea of what the boost is doing...But i want an accurate reading.. any help would be amazing!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Socks,

I think your TPS scale is correct, I get about the same and thought it was wrong also, but reading the service manual I found WOT is 86 degrees (not % i guess), i also got the low of ~12 not sure why. Never put the meter on to check Vdc. To bad Torque didn't let you read raw data (Vdc) for sensors.

As for logging, check Data Logging & Upload in settings in Torque, you can log numerous sensors and it will save in a .CVS on your phone (under sdcard/torqueLogs) which can be opened in Excel, also the web uploader works pretty good to view numerous sensors and graphs it in addition to plotting it with your GPS coordinates. Also at anytime when displaying gauges you can hit the menu key and select "Start logging" which will save the .CVS to the dir above.

I play with torque quite often. Still trying to find a good balance between logging and display refreshing, as the more you log the slower your displays will refresh.

Text Number Line Font Design

·
Registered
115 Posts
hey quick question... How do i adjust the barometric pressure setting to get a n accurate Vacuum reading.. Or how do i find the pressure of where im at?? I think i had seen a gauge where it said i was at 14 something.. But the psi reads -17.7 when set at zero...Im confused.... I did set up the manifold pressure gauge and vac gauge side be side to get a accurate idea of what the boost is doing...But i want an accurate reading.. any help would be amazing!
The -17.7 (in/HG) is showing that your car is running in vacuum and is normal.

If you'd rather see it in PSI go into setting/units "Don't display psi as in/HG"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts