Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

First off i dont know if this is in the right place under performance but whatever.

Me and a couple of other velosters went out to palm beach raceway on saturday and ran. It was alot of fun but i noticed something a bit weird. Me and @vtbat ran twice. With him barely modded and me with basic bolts i wouldve assumed that the time in all the categories to be different.

BUT they weren't all that different. I had a faster 1/4 time both times (Obiviuosly) but the 60' were the same. I thought my car could've had wheel spin for him to have the same time as me but in the video of the race i didn't hear anything.

So my next conclusion is not enough back pressure?

Im just stumped to why my car that has better tires, more mods, and a driver with better reaction times is running the same 60' has someone who is on stock tires and with a SRI can have the same time. This post is in no way trying to bash on @vtbat. We're good friends. im just stumped on what it can be.
time slip posted below. Also how do you rotate a picture?! i hate when comes out side ways

Photo Apr 20, 1 06 24 PM.jpg

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You have a bad modification in your car: BAD DRIVER

Seriously though, it all comes down to driver. You need to find more time in practicing those launches to utilize the tires. And what do you consider "better tires"? Better reaction time does not make a better driver.

BTW, where are the video links?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have a bad modification in your car: BAD DRIVER

Seriously though, it all comes down to driver. You need to find more time in practicing those launches to utilize the tires. And what do you consider "better tires"? Better reaction time does not make a better driver.

BTW, where are the video links?
I don't have the video yet. Better tires as in continental extreme contacts DW. Not sure if these are considered better, but they are summer tires instead of all seasons

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've always been told that a general rule of thumb with cars over 13 seconds is that 10hp makes up for about .10 in the quarter. So if your mods give you 30 more hp and you are equal drivers, that looks about right to me. You do have better street tires, but they are by no means good enough track tires to make a big impact.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I don't have the video yet. Better tires as in continental extreme contacts DW. Not sure if these are considered better, but they are summer tires instead of all seasons
I have the same tires on my car and although they are a tiny bit better than stock, not by much. I still spin these tires. You can launch harder with 225-235 series tires and better your 60 ft times. If I remember correctly, every .1 shaved off the 60 ft shaves off .3 off your ET roughly estimated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts