Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't want to send out your ECU for a tune but want the perks?!

Looking to build interest in having a Tork Motorsports event day in Lafayette, LA @ High End Racing Development shop. Trying to build a roster between Veloster/Dart/Fiat roster to support bringing TorkMe down here and having a great day of tuning!

Location is set and can be locked in whenever enough interest and a date is set.

If between all three forums I have enough interest to make the trip worthwhile and can set a solid date, I will then make an official thread dedicated to each forum to keep everyone up to date.

More details to be released as interest builds as I will try to set up a great hang out day with food/drinks!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't want to send out your ECU for a tune but want the perks?!

Looking to build interest in having a Tork Motorsports event day in Lafayette, LA @ High End Racing Development shop. Trying to build a roster between Veloster/Dart/Fiat roster to support bringing TorkMe down here and having a great day of tuning!

Location is set and can be locked in whenever enough interest and a date is set.

If between all three forums I have enough interest to make the trip worthwhile and can set a solid date, I will then make an official thread dedicated to each forum to keep everyone up to date.

More details to be released as interest builds as I will try to set up a great hang out day with food/drinks!
HOLY $#@!%*! YES! I will put a second mortgage on the house type of yes! No, not really a second mortgage but I would still like to go even if just to see other VTs in this type of setting instead of seeing 2 others on the road and when you wave at them, they look at you like you are a crazy fool!

Reactions: Talulu

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hell I would make the drive from Texas for that!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interest here and 1 person from TX on the Fiat forums so far.

Hoping to get around 10ish people, more or less, then set a date. After a date is set we'll worry about deposits sent to TorkMe and setting up another post with a list/what we'll have going on.

Thanks for the interest people and lets hope we get more!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
def interested if there is an A/T tune by the time this happens.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That would be one hell of a ride from West Georgia lol :p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If I had all the mods I want I would be down. Unfortunately I don't have any....so maybe next time? Lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
def interested if there is an A/T tune by the time this happens.
Well, hell. I was so excited about the possibility of Tork Motorsports coming to Louisiana that I completely forgot that I have A/T. If there is an A/T tune by that time, I will break out my super secret credit card that is only used for emergencies, zombie infestation, the apocalypse, and in this case, Tork Motorsports. :haha:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hoping to get him down sometime in Feb. So that would give people time to get money situation right and whatever mods they want for the tune :). Hopefully TorkMe will have the A/T tune straight.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
I hope he has the A/T tune by then too!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Base on the PNW tork thread, A/T tune will be done by Feb 1st.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yessir and more dart/fiat people are getting interested. Before the end of weekend I will inbox everyone asking a schedule to be set in Feb. I'll get an official post going after I personally talk with everyone interested.

:D

·
Registered
158 Posts
It's a possibility for me to make it. Tax and bonuses from work will become a factor though. Just depends on the final date and of course having the funds. It's an 8 1/2 hour drive for me too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright, talking to TorkMe he sounds pretty busy with events for Feb. now. We are looking the weekend of the 7th or 21st in March. A/T tune will definitely be out by then! Once I get the official thread up (once I get hard prices from dyno shop), let me know if you want a spare ECU so that me/TorkMe can secure some for the event.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Alright, talking to TorkMe he sounds pretty busy with events for Feb. now. We are looking the weekend of the 7th or 21st in March. A/T tune will definitely be out by then! Once I get the official thread up (once I get hard prices from dyno shop), let me know if you want a spare ECU so that me/TorkMe can secure some for the event.
Sweet! Gives me more time to pay off Christmas! I am definitely interested in a spare ECU but doesn't it have to be VIN matched? I asked my dealer about an ECU replacement and it's $1000 for a VIN matched ECU straight from Hyundai, so I won't be going that route.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Late March, eh? That gives me time to put the TorkMe Pipe on that I just ordered, pay off a little more of Christmas.... taxes should be in, and spent, by then.....

1 - 20 of 48 Posts