Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm needing to replace my spark plugs but I don't know exactly what the part number is for the plugs. When I bought the car, it didn't come with a manual cause the lazy owner "lost it." Any one know/ever replaced their SP?

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nobody here has replaced their spark plugs. Sorry. Out of luck.

Perhaps a quick search will yield the answer you are looking for.

Reactions: E9C900A

·
Registered
62 Posts
Top one is OEM Hyundai for a 2014 Veloster Turbo. Next is NGK, notice a change from the first year. (Big conspiracy about this) spark plugs.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Ugh, here we go again...

Do not use the first plug in that list above. That is a heat range 6 OEM plug from 2013s and early 2014s. Too hot and makes the engine more knock/misfire-prone.

The second plug listed is a heat range 7 OEM plug and is what you want for a 2014 if you don’t plan on modding.

Ignore all the others listed and all of the gaps are out of spec. The range is .028”-.031” from the service manual.

Shortest gap (.028”) is recommended and if you get tuned with increased boost, they should be gapped even tighter.

At the end of the day, if you didn’t know how to search the forum, you could’ve taken 10 minutes to remove one of the plugs. The part number is labeled right on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
SXTH has the silzkr7e8eg cheap, too!

·
Registered
153 Posts
:disappointed: Nice welcome to the new person. Perhaps you can do a search for the number of actually ACTIVE members this board has.
That's what I love about this place: they always tell everyone to just search. Might as well just turn off posting because, obviously, every question has already been answered and all you gotta do is search for it.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,493 Posts
If not modding the car I'd get plugs for a 16+ that are heat range 8 and put in the car. If modded and/or tuned I'd go heat range 9 HKS M45XL or NGK race plug.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Might as well just turn off posting because, obviously, every question has already been answered and all you gotta do is search for it.
Well, I mean... a few years of posts do tend to cover some of the common stuff.

Somebody might have changed their spark plugs. It's hard to say. Not sure how I'd find out.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, I mean... a few years of posts do tend to cover some of the common stuff.

Somebody might have changed their spark plugs. It's hard to say. Not sure how I'd find out.
It's simple: you ask.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
No. Search first, THEN ask.

This isn’t “fire and forget” Facebook.

Only reason I even responded to this dead horse thread is to correct the misinformation.

26 threads with “spark plugs” in the title.

There is an outdated maintenance thread with all kinds of part numbers, but the OP left and nobody but moderators or admins can update it. Yet nobody does.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Because 15 posts per day are too much to wade through? This board needs activity, not noob bashing. The attitudes here are killing it.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Overall, I'd settle for "Hey, I found a post that says I should use X. Is this still the recommended part? Thanks!"

Reactions: TrinityVT

·
Premium Member
1,966 Posts
Because 15 posts per day are too much to wade through? This board needs activity, not noob bashing. The attitudes here are killing it.
That’s not the point. There is much info available if you simply look around and yes, search. If someone asks a question that hasn’t been asked before or the information is questionable or outdated, fine.

This forum was highly active until a number of key members either blew their engines or grew frustrated due to lack of self-tuning and moved on to other platforms. Then the previous owners sold out and it all went downhill quickly. A lot of knowledgeable people went to Facebook because they can create their own groups and it’s easier to sell stuff there.

How many vendors on here actually help people with issues rather than just promote products? It’s been that way for a long, long time.

Nowadays it’s pretty much myself, trdtoy and TrinityVT answering the majority of the questions, with some others like geekdragon and BigBird pitching in occasionally.

At the end of the day, it all comes down to learning how to help yourself first and foremost. I’ve done more than my fair share of answering questions for over 4 years, so when I see the same ones being asked on topics discussed years ago, I really don’t feel like helping those who can’t spend the time to learn how to use the site to its full effectiveness. It ain’t rocket surgery.

This site will never again be as active as it once was, not without some major changes which will never happen.

·
Super Moderator
3,463 Posts
I’m going to keep mine forever :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts