Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another member suggested I start a build thread and I agreed it was a good idea! Let me start by saying, I purchased this car brand new in April 2016. It is a 2016 VT with manual trans and I didn't get the "tech" package. I spent the first year just driving the car and not really worrying about mods. I finally moved to a place where I can work on the car so I installed HIDs (lows and fogs) and that gave me the mod bug LOL.

Since then, I have installed a Weathertech mats, 6EE CAI, 6EE occ, 6EE shifter cable end bushings, XE ORHP, Raijin 18x8 +45 wheels with Kumho Ecsta PS91 rubber, Rally Armor mud flaps, Redline MT85 trans fluid and rigid collars. I also debadged the rear and blacked out the H logos.

Unfortunately, I did not do the best job documenting with photos but I have taken some along the way so I will post those later on.

I don't plan on going crazy for the rest of the mods but I would like to get some Pierce braces (will probably just get the "street" package they sell), XWEK, 6EE shifter knob, and possibly a mesh grill and downpipe.

bdzobjU.jpg
The day I bought it!

Thanks all!

-Zack

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed the XE XWEK and 3TBS last night. I must say, the XWEK is amazing! Instantly smoothed out idle and overall is a superior quality product. Haven't had a chance to really mess around with the 3TBS yet and I don't have meth or anything hooked up to it either. I also ordered an OBDlink so I am looking forward to being able to log and actually track changes.

The car is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed the Pierce street package (VTone strut bar, rear torsion bar and 2 point brace) this weekend. The pieces were a little trickier than I expected for simple bolt ons but that was probably only because I've never installed them before and I was using jack stands lol.

Also took a quick photo on my test drive.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice! What are you doing with your OEM wheels? Blessings, Whiz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts