Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I'm on the fence between the SXTH canned Stage 0 which, including plugs, will only cost me $450ish at the end of the day, or driving over to Glenview for a BTRcc Dyno tune which will be $750 PLUS plugs. (Yes I will get new coils for either). I'm leaning towards SXTH but I'm wondering if anyone has either of these tunes.

TRDtoy, I respect your opinion but we've spoken already so I'm specifically looking for others to weigh in. Though if you know anyone with either of these tunes, LMK!

I'm mostly looking for a better driving experience and more available power/less rev hang/better response. I will not be racing or pushing the limits of the engine.

Thanks in advance!

'15 VT Manual
Big Gulp 3.5"
BOV
IC Res Delete
50,000 miles

·
Registered
463 Posts
Hi, I have a 2015 Rspec Modded here is my work in progress;
1. DamnFast DD-
Tork Collars;
Resonator delete pipe;

2. Piercemotorsports-Suspension
STREET Suspension Handling Package;
1.Piercemotorsport Rear sway bar
2.Piercemotorsport lower brace
3.Piercemotorsport strut tower brace
Tubular Crashbar with IC Relocation

3. CNT Exhuast-
cat back exhaust (found out that a 93 Honda muffler gasket center the exhaust perfect so that the stock tips don't rattle.);
Pierce motorsports Hyundai Veloster Turbo HIghflow Downpipe;

4. Sxth Element-
Lower Engine mount; 1st Gen
Shifter Bushings;
Shifter Cable End Bushing Kit:
3.5in SRI/CAI closed System W/ AEM air filter (removed all the factory air intake system)
BOV MAC sensor
MAC with heat sheild Boost sensor (Mac Valve 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA 12 VDC 5.4 watts Vac to 120 PSI)
Spark Plugs:HKS M45XL gap space 28.

5. Personal Mod's-
60mm throttle body; coolant bypass
HKS SQIV BOV
845 FMIC kit upgraded core

6. Sick Speed
Dual 400ml Oil Catch Cans with one way valve and vented breather;

7. Upgraded to 2016 guage cluster (programmed with correct info)

8. Tire Rack;
XXR 530B Wheels 18x8
Continental DWS-06 225/40 y18;

9. Install Genuses Coupe 2010 - 2016 Rspec Seats DR & PP side.
I decided to go with the SXTH Element stage 1 tune, which I uploaded about 3days ago, and I love it. I still need to my Data Log, so the Tune can be customized for me, but the car is running great.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I have a 2015 Rspec Modded here is my work in progress;
1. DamnFast DD-
Tork Collars;
Resonator delete pipe;

2. Piercemotorsports-Suspension
STREET Suspension Handling Package;
1.Piercemotorsport Rear sway bar
2.Piercemotorsport lower brace
3.Piercemotorsport strut tower brace
Tubular Crashbar with IC Relocation

3. CNT Exhuast-
cat back exhaust (found out that a 93 Honda muffler gasket center the exhaust perfect so that the stock tips don't rattle.);
Pierce motorsports Hyundai Veloster Turbo HIghflow Downpipe;

4. Sxth Element-
Lower Engine mount; 1st Gen
Shifter Bushings;
Shifter Cable End Bushing Kit:
3.5in SRI/CAI closed System W/ AEM air filter (removed all the factory air intake system)
BOV MAC sensor
MAC with heat sheild Boost sensor (Mac Valve 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA 12 VDC 5.4 watts Vac to 120 PSI)
Spark Plugs:HKS M45XL gap space 28.

5. Personal Mod's-
60mm throttle body; coolant bypass
HKS SQIV BOV
845 FMIC kit upgraded core

6. Sick Speed
Dual 400ml Oil Catch Cans with one way valve and vented breather;

7. Upgraded to 2016 guage cluster (programmed with correct info)

8. Tire Rack;
XXR 530B Wheels 18x8
Continental DWS-06 225/40 y18;

9. Install Genuses Coupe 2010 - 2016 Rspec Seats DR & PP side.
I decided to go with the SXTH Element stage 1 tune, which I uploaded about 3days ago, and I love it. I still need to my Data Log, so the Tune can be customized for me, but the car is running great.
Thanks so much for this build sheet. Really exciting stuff. What are the major differences you feel from the Tork tune in terms of response and power and shifting?

·
Registered
463 Posts
The Tune is from SXTH Element, and the difference I feel so far. Is fast response when I touch the gas pedal the car doesn't feel like it waking up from a nap, gas mileage is better, but I found myself enjoying the drive more, so I have been driving more aggressively. And I still need to get the Data log done, so I can have the launch control smooth out and get the HP and Torque set.

·
Administrator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,784 Posts
Hey all,

I'm on the fence between the SXTH canned Stage 0 which, including plugs, will only cost me $450ish at the end of the day, or driving over to Glenview for a BTRcc Dyno tune which will be $750 PLUS plugs. (Yes I will get new coils for either). I'm leaning towards SXTH but I'm wondering if anyone has either of these tunes.

TRDtoy, I respect your opinion but we've spoken already so I'm specifically looking for others to weigh in. Though if you know anyone with either of these tunes, LMK!

I'm mostly looking for a better driving experience and more available power/less rev hang/better response. I will not be racing or pushing the limits of the engine.

Thanks in advance!

'15 VT Manual
Big Gulp 3.5"
BOV
IC Res Delete
50,000 miles
Firstly just want to say I share facts not opinions. Opinions do not matter for things like this. Asking for opinions and thoughts from the general population is essentially a popularity vote which is only good for elections or car shows. Most of the general population have not compared any of the tunes and the majority have no data to compare or know what safe or normal looks like to give you an accurate idea on whats going on. Also I'm only biased to best products/services not brands. :)

You can't compare the two tunes the way you are as they're not on the same power level. SXTH would be the best of these two in terms of safety but BTR would make more power. If comparing an equivalent SXTH tune power wise it would still be safer. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Hamado

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Firstly just want to say I share facts not opinions. Opinions do not matter for things like this. Asking for opinions and thoughts from the general population is essentially a popularity vote which is only good for elections or car shows. Most of the general population have not compared any of the tunes and the majority have no data to compare or know what safe or normal looks like to give you an accurate idea on whats going on. Also I'm only biased to best products/services not brands. :)

You can't compare the two tunes the way you are as they're not on the same power level. SXTH would be the best of these two in terms of safety but BTR would make more power. If comparing an equivalent SXTH tune power wise it would still be safer. Hope this helps.
This is great, thank you. I got that feeling from the BTR site (very much power power power!) which is not what I want. I shall go with SXTH!

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
You can't go wrong with SXTH or Qwik Tyme Performance. Just be sure mods and fuel are proper for the tune and that the tuner is aware of the mods year of the car and what you want tune wise.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can't go wrong with SXTH or Qwik Tyme Performance. Just be sure mods and fuel are proper for the tune and that the tuner is aware of the mods year of the car and what you want tune wise.
Will do. Should I do NGK 40s or 45s?

·
Administrator
5,784 Posts
45's are a decent plug most use on the tuned cars. 40's are a waste of $ as they're a middle ground between the oem 16+ plug and the 45's. Really no use for them.

Reactions: Hamado
1 - 9 of 9 Posts