Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Veloster Turbo Automatic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2014 veloster turbo automatic with about 116,000 miles. Im wondering if someone can tell me about what I’m experiencing. I’ve noticed that no matter what speed I’m at 90 or 40 when I take my foot off the gas the car no longer holds itself and instead drops speed. it’s a very fast consistent drop and when it downshifts itself it almost to noticeable and the speed drops even more. I can’t even roll down a hill anymore because it’s like car cant acknowledge it has downward momentum. It’s just so bizarre. I also want to add that i tested it out doing the same thing but while I was using my paddle shifters manually controlling the shifting from high speed to low and I don’t have an issue at all?

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,962 Posts
It cuts power and the transmission is still engaged with the engine so this is normal. Now if you shift to N it will maintain speed longer off throttle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
And now here you are in this post telling them something they know isn't normal and is a new occurrence, according to you "normal"
Do you help people or just make them feel crazy?!

·
Registered
2016 Veloster Turbo DCT Ultimate
109 Posts
If it's abnormal, the only thing I could say is look into the brakes? or it might be a trans issue. but try throwing it in neutral and see what happens.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
The OP needs to describe better what is going on or post a video because what I read in post #1 sounds normal for the car to decrease speed off throttle in any mode of the transmission. The gear the car is in will dictate how fast the car slows down not the mode the transmission is in as long as the tc is locked up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wonder if the converter locking solenoid or a valve body solenoid is sticking when it should allow slippage.

·
Super Moderator
3,619 Posts
another tip for the brakes is after a normal drive put your hand near the rotor. you shouldnt be able to feel much if any heat after normal driving. don't touch the rotor though it may burn you. a stuck caliper will be noticeably warmer than the others.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
527 Posts
Does the automatic have the paddle shifters or the dct?
He's saying when using the paddle shifters the car decelerates what would be a normal engine brake.
But when in the auto mode the engine braking is enhanced significantly more which is why the op was asking the question.
So with that being said does that help in analyzing his concerns?
This is not my expertise so I leave it up to the experts. 😁😉

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
The 14 will be the TC auto not a DCT.

The OP need to video off throttle deceleration time at the same point, same speed, same gear, but in different drive modes to help problem solve this better.

It should decelerate at the same rate if on the same grade, same gear, etc if the tc is locked up.

The car does have different TC lockup and shifting strategies in the 3 different driving modes then you can throw eco mode in the mix as well.

I understood all of this from the start others may not have.

Without more information my answers may seem like riddles to T7000..... :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
1- When you remove gas and your speed decrease. If your transmission is downshifting your engine RPM is suppose to increase. It is doing that?

2- It could also be that your solenoid is not upshifting and you are running at a higher engine RPM and you even not realized that, like when you are driving a car with manual transmission at 60 miles in 3rd gear, when you release the gas it tends to reduce speed in a noticeable way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If a caliper were sticking that much, it would pull to one side when letting off the accelerator. The chances of calipers sticking simultaneously, on both sides, is very slim.

·
Super Moderator
4,962 Posts
This seems related to drive mode, gear, or transmission lock up, not brake related at all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts