Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to my local dealer, Suburban Hyundai, and I talked with the manager(Adamm) there.

At this point he said that there are no M/T available to order! They have or are releasing only automatics at this point. He fired off an email to his distributor which prompted an immediate phone call response and the message there was that we won't know about M/T release for another month. :crying:
He does have a fully loaded Black, A/T coming soon (I saw the paperwork and VIN#), but I thanked him and told him what I was really looking for, which is a M/T Elite White with Ult. Package.

We didn't spend much time talking numbers, in fact, the only thing I heard was that they won't budge much or at all from the MSRP since they are so scarce and in high demand right now. He has sold all of his A/T VT's at this point.

I put down a refundable $500 deposit and I have that in writing. The manager then proceeded to tell me all about the webinars the sales people went through and he even printed me off their "STAR Product Information" guides so that I would know everything that he and his sales team knows. I can tell you in FULL confidence that we here on the forum are already quite well informed. As a matter of fact, the brochures that he printed me revealed little to nothing new that we don't know already.
He asked how frequently he should be in touch, i.e. every 2 weeks or so, and I said as soon and as often as he has new information. All in all he was friendly enough, not pushy and didn't try to talk me into anything.

Btw, I inquired about Motozuma at the dealership today. It is true and legit, so I signed up today with $500 because Hyundai matches that dollar for dollar. The account HAS to be open for over 30 days though, so for all of us still waiting, good news. Who here couldn't use an extra and free $500?!?

So, long story short, it's still a waiting game for me at this point.
Thoughts? Feedback?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I went to my local dealer, Suburban Hyundai, and I talked with the manager(Adamm) there.

At this point he said that there are no M/T available to order! They have or are releasing only automatics at this point. He fired off an email to his distributor which prompted an immediate phone call response and the message there was that we won't know about M/T release for another month. :crying:
He does have a fully loaded Black, A/T coming soon (I saw the paperwork and VIN#), but I thanked him and told him what I was really looking for, which is a M/T Elite White with Ult. Package.

We didn't spend much time talking numbers, in fact, the only thing I heard was that they won't budge much or at all from the MSRP since they are so scarce and in high demand right now. He has sold all of his A/T VT's at this point.

I put down a refundable $500 deposit and I have that in writing. The manager then proceeded to tell me all about the webinars the sales people went through and he even printed me off their "STAR Product Information" guides so that I would know everything that he and his sales team knows. I can tell you in FULL confidence that we here on the forum are already quite well informed. As a matter of fact, the brochures that he printed me revealed little to nothing new that we don't know already.
He asked how frequently he should be in touch, i.e. every 2 weeks or so, and I said as soon and as often as he has new information. All in all he was friendly enough, not pushy and didn't try to talk me into anything.

Btw, I inquired about Motozuma at the dealership today. It is true and legit, so I signed up today with $500 because Hyundai matches that dollar for dollar. The account HAS to be open for over 30 days though, so for all of us still waiting, good news. Who here couldn't use an extra and free $500?!?

So, long story short, it's still a waiting game for me at this point.
Thoughts? Feedback?
VeeTee,
All I can say is ..... 'awww, man, what next?' This is making me very tired. To top things off, I heard on the news yesterday that North Korea is threatening to bomb South Korea for some stupid reason and all I could think of was, 'Noooo, Let them finish making our cars first!' How sad is that????

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so montazuma is what now ?....
Hey Tomvt,
https://www.motozuma.com/Default.aspx
That's the site, super easy, no bs. I was leery in the beginning as I always review things of money nature but couldn't find anything bad about it. Free $ is free $ and the sales manager at the Hyundai dealership today confirmed, it's legit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same deal. Put down a deposit but no idea when mt MT will be available. Straight MSRP, no discounts or throw-ins. All dealerships will be receiving 1 (one) loaded black model, then they will begin filling orders. I locked into a trade in $ for my 2004 F150, and once the delivery date gets close, if I can sell it private party for more, great, if no they will honor the quote. Anyone need a truck? VeeTee, whats the Montezuma?

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VeeTee, whats the Montezuma?
Haha, "Motozuma". Check it out. You save $ for a down payment and Hyundai will match it dollar for dollar, up to $500!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that's spell check for you. I emailed my salesman and asked about the Motozuma. He's never heard of it but will ask the sales manager tomorrow. Is this a Hyundai sponsored promotion? Are all dealers involved? There was a "preferred dealer" shown in my area on the website, but it wasn't the one I'm working with. Bummer; the one listed is only 8 miles from my house, but I liked the customer service better at the one 40 miles away. I could probably deal with lesser service for $500.

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, that's spell check for you. I emailed my salesman and asked about the Motozuma. He's never heard of it but will ask the sales manager tomorrow. Is this a Hyundai sponsored promotion? Are all dealers involved? There was a "preferred dealer" shown in my area on the website, but it wasn't the one I'm working with. Bummer; the one listed is only 8 miles from my house, but I liked the customer service better at the one 40 miles away. I could probably deal with lesser service for $500.
Hey Rich,
Perhaps this will be of better explanation for you, right from the Hyundai website:
Financial Tools - Savings Matching Program
Even though there are "preferred dealers", all Hyundai dealers will accept this. Just make sure that the account has been open for at least 30 days.
Check it out. :wink:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ya my motozuma will hit 30 days on July 7th. Its nice cause its a safe place for sponsor money or family donations plus a free $500 from Hyundai doesn't hurt.. anyone can donate to it securely, or if you even want you cn use one of your own credit cards and put money into it. So if you don't have the money for a down payment but have a $3000 limit on your card and can pay it off quickly enough then your prayers are answered and you get an extra $500 in there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer says its a good program but it a hassle for them to do but its a quick and easy process for the consumer!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Has anyone here in Canada used Motozuma with Hyundai Canada? Did you speak with the dealership first? How did you go about it?

Thanks.

·
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Op I noticed this posting at a dealer in southfield. Doesnt say much about it but it looks like White M/T Turbo

2013 Hyundai Veloster for sale in Southfield - KMHTC6AE0DU084784 - Glassman Auto Group

I have been looking all over Michigan and ohio for a silver or black M/T ultimate turbo but yea not even a nibble.
dseeburg, thanks for the heads up.
I reached out to 3 different (new) dealers, plus I emailed my initial dealership again, and Glassman was the only one to reply. They did quote me $575 over MSRP.
Good looking out!

·
Registered
730 Posts
Finally a VT in Miami area. Kendall Hyundai has a white vt m/t tech package. Too bad cause I am looking for a a/t. But at least they are getting here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dseeburg, thanks for the heads up.
I reached out to 3 different (new) dealers, plus I emailed my initial dealership again, and Glassman was the only one to reply. They did quote me $575 over MSRP.
Good looking out!
I just received a reply from Ann Arbor Hyundai and he said they have a wait list of about 12 people for the Veloster Turbo Manual Ultimate. He told me he could add me to the wait list and that it would be approx 2-3 months before I got one because they will have to send back their automatic turbos for manual turbos. I am going to hop on the list since I still need to sell my current car any way it may be better for me to wait. If I see anything else though (im still calling around) I will let you know. Good luck finding one, I cant wait to get one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just received a reply from Ann Arbor Hyundai and he said they have a wait list of about 12 people for the Veloster Turbo Manual Ultimate. He told me he could add me to the wait list and that it would be approx 2-3 months before I got one because they will have to send back their automatic turbos for manual turbos. I am going to hop on the list since I still need to sell my current car any way it may be better for me to wait. If I see anything else though (im still calling around) I will let you know. Good luck finding one, I cant wait to get one.

Wonder why they won't do a trade with another dealer???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts