Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
i did, makes the bpv a little bit louder, but if you want it to sound like a blow off valve take the hose off the bpv completely and plug it at the intake.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was investigating yesterday evening and I don't see much need for a new intake. I say just save a little money, buy a cone filtere and slap that bad boy on the end of the tube. The tube other than the flex part is smooth inside.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was investigating yesterday evening and I don't see much need for a new intake. I say just save a little money, buy a cone filtere and slap that bad boy on the end of the tube. The tube other than the flex part is smooth inside.
Since the VT has no sensors I was thinking about puling the airbox and all the other pieces out then just putting a cone filter on the intake manifold. :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe the pic in the link is of a N/A Veloster because our intake is in the back of the engine.
It is, That's why I'm wondering if theres enough room ;)
Would be cool if there is :)

·
Vendor
3,541 Posts
Since the VT has no sensors I was thinking about puling the airbox and all the other pieces out then just putting a cone filter on the intake manifold. :D
haha. you can't put a filter on the intake manifold/TB o_O the charge piping is there.. the intake for the VT is in the back.

your best best to save money is just put a cone filter where the airbox is. You can do it with a 15$ filter and a cheap piece of 2.75" tube from autozone.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your best best to save money is just put a cone filter where the airbox is. You can do it with a 15$ filter and a cheap piece of 2.75" tube from autozone.
How many sound killers are mounted on the tubes before the intake?

My old 3g eclipse had 4 0.0

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've read somewhere else that if the intake air supply is changed, even just by replacing
the air box with a cone filter, ECU has to be flashed.
Is this correct?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've read somewhere else that if the intake air supply is changed, even just by replacing
the air box with a cone filter, ECU has to be flashed.
Is this correct?
I highly doubt that!!! You will likely have no problems ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just make sure its a K&N cone filter. Not the ones you find at Pepboys
Err since its just the filter the spectre filters have a 100 year warranty or something crazy like that.. Might consider it if you're doing the cheap method of just poping on a filter to where the stock airbox used to be

1 - 15 of 15 Posts