Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Startup hesitation with OBD scanner

Tags
obd2
3K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  TrinityVT 
#1 ·
So here's the story: recently I purchased a OBD II Bluetooth scanner, brand name Carista. The scanner has very positive reviews and is backed by several apps, etc. so no worries about its quality. Since using it I have noticed that when starting the car, after sitting for just 2 hours, the car will go into ACC mode and then hesitate, then startup normaly but with all trip info reset and date and time reset as if the car lost power. I checked the battery voltage immediately at startup and it was a full 13 V. No trouble codes, etc. This has only started since using the OBD II scanner. Any ideas?

#4 ·
Can you clarify on what sort of hesitation you're getting? Slow cranking? Cranks a long time before catching and running fine? Running engine hesitation or misfiring?

I'm curious about that 13V reading. If the car is running, I'd like to see a charge voltage closer to 14V. What is your battery voltage with the car off? If it's behaving like it has a drained battery, it probably does.

Check your battery terminals for a secure connection and ground.

#5 ·
The hesitation isn't in the engine, with the brake depressed and the on button pressed it will simply flash the interior lighting for a second, turn off the lights for a second , then the engine will start normally after showing the message "brake must be depressed" (I think, it flashes quickly) on the trip display.

#6 ·
Battery was tested by autozone, said it was fine but the leads could be the issue as they have a little bit of calcification. I'm going to get some sandpaper to clean them and will see if that helps. At this point this OBD tool is not at fault in my opinion.

#7 ·
where are you in MA?

#9 ·
I'm in Worcester. How would one go about checking the brake switch? I don't think it's that, as the trip comp. resets itself

#10 ·
you're in worcester trinity? i swear i heard you bomb by my place on main st in oxford this week. loud as fuck lol

#12 ·
well ive never seen a black VT in the area, just a red one driven by an old person that goes to a church nearby lol

#14 ·
im on the corner of clover and main. if you see us outside stop by sometime!

#17 ·
cmon down...

there is a NEVO meet near conway NH the weekend after next. i'll be on my honeymoon up there LOL

all you modded guys want to come to an autocross event? also track days at TSMP next month for $150 for an hour.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.