Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a stock audible alarm, I was unsuccessful in making it go off even when arming the car and trying to open the doors.. I have a sub box and wanted to see if opening the hatch sets it off. does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
It has that alarm sticker on the window. Nobody wants an audible alarm anymore because nobody pays attention to them and many cities have laws against them. If you have a VT you have full insurance and why do you care if they steal your sub box? All cars come with a decent stereo now and the VT comes with a sub box. There is not much of a market for hot stereo equipment anymore because of that.

Now that I'm old I have figured out that there aren't any random car stereo thieves. Nobody is randomly looking through thousands of cars to find your sweet amp or sub box. If your rig gets stolen you know the thief and he knows your rig.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Were you still holding the keys when you tried to set off the alarm? I set my "alarm" and it sounded when I tried to open the door, of course, I left my keys inside the house.Just a thought.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thats funny because i had my cars broken into and the stereo components stolen 3 times in the past 14 years. So ya people go around doing just that. I just want to hear it this time so i can grab my 9mm and pistol whip them. Saying I should not have it because you think they are dumb, is not a good argument. I just wanted to know if an audible entry alarm is OE or not., no offense. And I do agree with you that it is never random, I found out the last 2 guys that did it, but gave them a pass because they were 16.... but I am all out of passes now.
It has that alarm sticker on the window. Nobody wants an audible alarm anymore because nobody pays attention to them and many cities have laws against them. If you have a VT you have full insurance and why do you care if they steal your sub box? All cars come with a decent stereo now and the VT comes with a sub box. There is not much of a market for hot stereo equipment anymore because of that.

Now that I'm old I have figured out that there aren't any random car stereo thieves. Nobody is randomly looking through thousands of cars to find your sweet amp or sub box. If your rig gets stolen you know the thief and he knows your rig.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will have to try that. Most likely was the problem.
Were you still holding the keys when you tried to set off the alarm? I set my "alarm" and it sounded when I tried to open the door, of course, I left my keys inside the house.Just a thought.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I tried to bang my car around gently with my palm, but couldn't set the alarm! kinda bummed...whats it gonna take to set it off , a brick through the window?

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol I dont think there is a shock sensor, just an entry sensor..... dont bang on your car dude!
I tried to bang my car around gently with my palm, but couldn't set the alarm! kinda bummed...whats it gonna take to set it off , a brick through the window?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's just an unauthorized entry alarm and it just sounds the car horn and flashes lights for 30 seconds...but it does work...

·
Registered
76 Posts
try opening the hatch from the inside aftwr arming the car. of course...put your keys away as well. the doors definitely work with horn..teied that already. im sure the hatch has it as well. gotta check the hood as well...when I got a sec.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts