Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a '13 VT in July and by October I had bald tires! I had put on 25,000 km on them but I had gotten more than double that on a cheap set of Walmart tires on my previous car. Took it in as something obviously wrong and dealer took them off and they were seperating on the inside and they said tires were breaking apart but said its normal. That's complete BS!

Anyone else getting substandard wear on their tires?!

I decided to switch to 16' rims and full profile tires as they have a longer life and are cheaper.

A 205/55 r 16 is the matching fit incase anyone needs to know.

Altazink

·
Registered
139 Posts
okay so these tires are all garbage hyundai had always used cheap tires on their cars, its sad to say this but it is normal.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Something doesn't seem right... I've had my VT for over a year now, and I have approximately 16,500 miles on it and I still have plenty of life on my treads. You should definitely check your alignment and do a tire rotation every so often.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I bought a '13 VT in July and by October I had bald tires! I had put on 25,000 km on them...
Altazink
I think 15,000 miles in 4 months is pretty hardcore use. I've put under 11,000 miles (17,000 km) over a year and have plenty of tread left.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
that's a little ridiculous i haven't had mine rotated in 10,000 miles, i have them measured every 5,000 to check if they need rotation. i am abusive to these tires, i spin them every time i leave a stop light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think 15,000 miles in 4 months is pretty hardcore use. I've put under 11,000 miles (17,000 km) over a year and have plenty of tread left.
Ya I travel a lot for work and cover a large territory. But ya never rotated them as usually rotate every 20k km. But had even wear across the tire and what's odder is the back tires had the worst wear!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
i can scrap these 4 and that puts me at 415 for the week.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ya I travel a lot for work and cover a large territory. But ya never rotated them as usually rotate every 20k km. But had even wear across the tire and what's odder is the back tires had the worst wear!
20k km rotation? I used to rotate every 8k km (converted it ;)) on my old car. The service guys checked my tires out the last 3 times I was in and said nothing needed rotating.
Were you changing your own oil or bringing it in for service? They should have looked at the tires if you were bringing it in.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I've done about 10k miles in 6 months and mine almost still look brand new...

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Ive got about 35000kms (22000mls) on my stock tires now. The tread pattern looks decent and they are worn down accordingly. One thing I have noticed is that they are getting very loud. I think I'll be due for a set in the spring after my winters come off.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Looking brand new means nothing, you gotta check the tread depth
I know, I worked at Discount Tire in college. I don't remember the actual amount of tread the last timw I checked but not even close to needing replacement.

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
You cannot look at a tire nor measure a tire in making a determination on whether to rotate them (or not).

If the tires look good that most likely is because they are being rotated.

When the tire state to look uneven due to wear, well, it's too late now. You're past the point of no return.

I rotate my tires every 3k, a little obsessive I know but what the heck. It's easy with the proper tools and it also gives

me an opportunity to polish the insides of the wheels and also the calipers.

Next tires for me will be 225's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts