Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai Veloster Turbo 2012
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My Veloster 2012 Turbo has 215-40-18's on at the moment which is stock. I have the two tone 5 spoke alloy wheel with the Chrome inserts. My wheels keep getting badly scuffed and the tyres sit behind the rim. Can I get 225-40-18's instead, increasing from 215 to 225 and will that make a difference? I want to get my wheels re-polished but won't do it until the tyre offers some protection to the wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
Yes you can go to the 225/40 as it will be the most common size. You can also go bigger if you'd like and be ok. 235/40, 245/40, or 255/35 will all clear on the oem wheels.

·
Registered
263 Posts
225s would be no problem. If your wheels are getting badly scuffed with 215s I would expect they would still be getting scuffed at least a bit with 225s. There would be a little bit more protection there though.

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
580 Posts
Hi all, My Veloster 2012 Turbo has 215-40-18's on at the moment which is stock. I have the two tone 5 spoke alloy wheel with the Chrome inserts. My wheels keep getting badly scuffed and the tyres sit behind the rim. Can I get 225-40-18's instead, increasing from 215 to 225 and will that make a difference? I want to get my wheels re-polished but won't do it until the tyre offers some protection to the wheels.
How exactly are you scuffing the wheels if I may ask? 🤔🤨
Just curious. 👍

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
The falken rt660 and the pirelli snow tires I had both didn’t have the rim protectors. It sucks because with the stock nav wheels I’ve been using I just run the tire against stuff like at the atm. Can’t do that now.

Reactions: DBladze

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How exactly are you scuffing the wheels if I may ask? 🤔🤨
Just curious. 👍
Hi,

The Tyres are not wide enough. The Wheel is exposed and when I am anywhere near a kerb, my wheels are protruding beyond the tyre, thus the wheel constantly gets scuffed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
225s would be no problem. If your wheels are getting badly scuffed with 215s I would expect they would still be getting scuffed at least a bit with 225s. There would be a little bit more protection there though.

Thanks bro...I'll give it a try...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you can go to the 225/40 as it will be the most common size. You can also go bigger if you'd like and be ok. 235/40, 245/40, or 255/35 will all clear on the oem wheels.
Cheers bro...thats given me some confidence..!!

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
580 Posts
Hi,

The Tyres are not wide enough. The Wheel is exposed and when I am anywhere near a kerb, my wheels are protruding beyond the tyre, thus the wheel constantly gets scuffed.
Ok sounds good but I'm not trying to mean here or anything but how in the world are you getting that close to curbs and scuffing your wheels?🤔😳🤨

I don't ever recollect scuffing a rim since I've been driving and I drive my cars pretty hard trying to be Louis Hamilton around the curves. 😂😁

Are you scuffing them when parallel parking?
Again just curious to know and good luck to you. 👍🤙

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok sounds good but I'm not trying to mean here or anything but how in the world are you getting that close to curbs and scuffing your wheels?🤔😳🤨

I don't ever recollect scuffing a rim since I've been driving and I drive my cars pretty hard trying to be Louis Hamilton around the curves. 😂😁

Are you scuffing them when parallel parking?
Again just curious to know and good luck to you. 👍🤙
In the suburbs on out around here curbs are no higher than 6". When I drive into the city, especially the older parts, I've seen curbs that are at least 10" if not more (and I've hit a couple... 😥).
Maybe in England there are taller curbs.

·
Super Moderator
3,650 Posts
a 4 inch curb will destroy my enkei wheels. at the bank ATM i drive through and get out to get my money, lol

·
Super Moderator
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
5,086 Posts
Keep in mind that the wheel height is only 3.4-3.6" from the ground on the oem tires. Also keep in mind that if curbing wheels and you go to a tire to prevent this that the tire will then be curbed. This is dangerous as if you damage the tire it can cause a blowout in the worst of times that can easily lead to injury or fatality. Best bet is stay away from curb in general.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts