Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about painting thoes stupid fake hood vents Elite White, or looking around for a version of them that are actually functional.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm waiting for my Elite White to show (probably two months away), but I wouldn't paint them only because they will still be visible, there's an obvious indentation that something is there so you won't rid yourself or others of the contrast. As for functionality, again don't have one and no VT's local to me, but since they're pointing away and are more exhaustive than inductive, I would believe that you'll invite some sort of grime to exit...just my first thought. How about making them a turn indicator like the cars of old? I don't know...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting for my Elite White to show (probably two months away), but I wouldn't paint them only because they will still be visible, there's an obvious indentation that something is there so you won't rid yourself or others of the contrast. As for functionality, again don't have one and no VT's local to me, but since they're pointing away and are more exhaustive than inductive, I would believe that you'll invite some sort of grime to exit...just my first thought. How about making them a turn indicator like the cars of old? I don't know...
They are a solid piece of plastic so there's no air getting in, or out on my old rx8 I had a similar hood but with functional vents and it let alot of heat out, you could see the heat seeping out of the hood hmm...

·
Registered
25 Posts
In Autoweek Sept 3rd addition page 15 there is a Hyundai Genesis Coupe Pikes Peak car. The vents on the hood would look good on a Veloster and add some mesh and it will be a hot seller.

I wonder where they got their hood scoops/

Jeff

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
The stock hood is pretty heavy. I would be interested in a CF hood with vents if the price can be kept reasonable.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
99 Posts
Me an my shop are looking into makeing custom strut for the hood like most nice cars have... issue is the priveting of the hood isnt normal (not stright up an down) and working on makeing the ugly non functional vents functional as heat vents with buildin water drain so no water gets inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.