Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I couldn't avoid a tire that hit my front grill. It looks like the rubber didn't actually scratch my paint its just stuck to it and I need something to get it off. I tried a microfiber cloth and quick detailer but its not enough to get it off. Any of you guys can recommend something?

· Registered
339 Posts
Did you try Goo Gone?

· Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't tried that at all, I'm in the process of looking for the thread where the guy got a huge scuff mark of his matte car and I'd like to try that out but I'm open for all sorts of ideas. Just brainstorming before I head out to autozone

· Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Hi guys, I couldn't avoid a tire that hit my front grill. It looks like the rubber didn't actually scratch my paint its just stuck to it and I need something to get it off. I tried a microfiber cloth and quick detailer but its not enough to get it off. Any of you guys can recommend something?
In a worst case scenario, I can get you a new grill shipped to you for $70. It would need painted but another $4 for a can of semi-flat black would take care if it.

· Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In a worst case scenario, I can get you a new grill shipped to you for $70. It would need painted but another $4 for a can of semi-flat black would take care if it.
That would work but I have maybe six inches of rubber that needs to be removed from the right side before the headlight. Thanks Bruce, going to try bug and tar removal and then rubbing compound

· Registered
1,416 Posts
Is it just me? I don't see any rubber anywhere lol... I see the grill being bent out of shape a bit but that's all I see....
Also, your hood isn't sitting straight. Might need to adjust the bumpers under the hood
Edit: Nevermind, I see it... it doesn't look like that much rubber though, I would try goo gone if I were you.

· Premium Member
2,798 Posts
View attachment 7408
View attachment 7409
View attachment 7410

I got an estimated quote for 695 dollars for the fix... that's great. It didnt come off with rubbing compound or tar removal. I think the damage did remove the paint. ffs
Is that damage just to the left of the grill as well? Does it feel like the paint is gone there as well? I'm serious about sending you one. If the grill is all that needs to be replaced, I have a brand new one sitting in the garage and I can get my buddy to paint the orange for about $150 Grill cost is $70 Then shipping would be about $10.

· Premium Member
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Well as you know the grill comes in black like you've shown so if i run my finger nail it feels like that grill's material without the paint. Being upset as it was and not caring I ran my finger nail inside and it didn't take any paint with me so I'd imagine the paint is gone for sure. Also that's a possible solution for 150 but if you look closley at the picutre you'll know that I also got a slight problem about 2-3 index fingers on the edge of the front bumper near the damage. Basically where the front grill and front bumper separate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.