Veloster Turbo Forum banner

Suggestions for a new owner

3K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  smb73 
#1 ·
Hey Guys!

I just got my orange 2013 VT 2 weeks ago and love everything about it.

But of course, my luck rolls into play.

I was letting my girlfriend borrow it for the day and low and behold she hit a curb a little too close and cut up my rims. I'm curious as to what suggestions you guys would have about getting another one of these rims. Pic related Land vehicle Alloy wheel Vehicle Tire Car

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha Yea she is. We had our little tiff and now I'm on to figuring out how to make it perfect again.

What kind of place would be able to fix something like this? A body shop? You think 250$ would be cheaper than a new rim?

Can I buy a single rim?

I don't know much, I just like the way it looks :)

#13 ·
Lmao watch out that dmarie doesnt see this post!

Hey why not use this as an excuse to get some prettier wheels? We all know the chrome inserts are cheesy...as is almost all chrome.

#12 ·
Ouch. Sadly, I did the same thing to the rear passenger side rim on my VT this past Saturday, but not to that extent. Luckily I purchased the tire protection package that covers this type of damage. In fact I'm taking my car in this morning for it's fix during my lunch break.

Hope you weren't too hard on her. Remember, it's just a car. An exceptionally awesome car, but still just a car.

#15 ·
I did the same thing to 2 of my rims by snubbing a curb. (Not like that though, wow!) I found a guy who runs a mobile alloy wheel repair franchise. His trailer has polishing and paint booths and an IR oven. He goes from city to city in Wisconsin, parks in a dealer lot and fixes all of the damaged rims from dealers in the area. The next week, he goes to a different location. Drive up, he takes the tires off, and an hour later your good to go. 4 coats of OEM clearcoat and I cannot find where he did the work. $180 for both. Look up AWR (Alloy Wheel Repair).
Hey Guys!

I just got my orange 2013 VT 2 weeks ago and love everything about it.

But of course, my luck rolls into play.

I was letting my girlfriend borrow it for the day and low and behold she hit a curb a little too close and cut up my rims. I'm curious as to what suggestions you guys would have about getting another one of these rims. Pic related View attachment 898

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.