Veloster Turbo Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
691 Posts
That’s how it looks i have A 2020 Veloster
View attachment 106786
Yeah your swaybar is in a preloaded state when you drop the car and don't have adjustable swaybar end links. Adjustable endlinks are a must when you lower the car and are adjusted for the lower stance to be in a neutral setup as opposed to a preloaded state causing handling issues and a ton of strain to the endlinks and swaybar.
See my other post and you'll see.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah your swaybar is in a preloaded state when you drop the car and don't have adjustable swaybar end links. Adjustable endlinks are a must when you lower the car and are adjusted for the lower stance to be in a neutral setup as opposed to a preloaded state causing handling issues and a ton of strain to the endlinks and swaybar.
See my other post and you'll see.
Good Luck.
So if i do Get the adjustable end links should i make It longer or shorter ?

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
691 Posts
So if i do Get the adjustable end links should i make It longer or shorter ?
Once you have installed the adjustable links they'll have to be loose to adjust.
Raise the car, have the wheels removed to have access to the end links, and then lower the car on the lower ball joints via jack stands to load the suspension as it would be on the ground. This simulates the car on the ground but you must have a back up set of jack stands at the pinch weld jack points if the car to ensure your safety while making your adjustments.

Once that is done proceed to adjust the end link until it feels loose or centered in its rotation. Binding will occur when preloading begins so find that loose spot with no bind on both end links and then tighten the lock nuts to spec.
Now you have the end link set up to do its job and no rubbing I'd the tie rod.

They do make hub stands for suspension adjustments which are a safer way of doing this but it's an added expense but well worth it for the safety.

Hope this helps. 👍

41 - 44 of 44 Posts