Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have a tork tune listed, why would you get a SXTH tune now? I am only wanting to know what tune I will be going with, so curious why you planning on the change?

·
Registered
210 Posts
When I spoke with Mark last, he was open to the idea of a PA tuning event. Someplace like York PA would be pretty central to a lot of people, if anyone knows a Dyno out that way?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Dyno tune is always the way to go. It's most of the reason I went with Eurocharged. They're local so if I ever need a retune, I can drive my happy ass back over there no problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dyno tune is always the way to go. It's most of the reason I went with Eurocharged. They're local so if I ever need a retune, I can drive my happy ass back over there no problem.
Yea I like that idea, just not sure if anyone local in Texas is tuning these cars. New to turbo and new to hyundai. My parents own an azera and that big Ole grandma can scoot. So when I decided on a boosted car and saw the veloster....I was sold on it. Now I just have to get some break in miles and find the locations to shop at for when I decided to mess with the car.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yea I like that idea, just not sure if anyone local in Texas is tuning these cars. New to turbo and new to hyundai. My parents own an azera and that big Ole grandma can scoot. So when I decided on a boosted car and saw the veloster....I was sold on it. Now I just have to get some break in miles and find the locations to shop at for when I decided to mess with the car.
5 people and we can make it happen

·
Registered
622 Posts
I live in San Antonio and Eurocharged has locations in Houston and Austin. I drove out to the one in Houston because at the time they didn't have a shop in Austin.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Like I said in the other thread, I'd totes go to a 6EE tuning event but I won't get a tune so don't include me in your number lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am sure we can come up with 5 from my reading people's post, but my car isn't quite ready for a tune. Just hit 600 miles on it, no upgrades yet and would hate it to tune it first then add upgrades and the tune would not match the upgrades.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Too bad I know nobody else with a VT in the NE, where we may be able to get a group together for a dyno day. Though honestly I don't want my ECU physically opened or even removed from the car for that matter. I'm getting more and more ready yet discouraged at the same time about tuning on this car.

I wanted to keep the car but seriously considering a trade in to a similar platform with realistic tuning capability. I can go to a Fiesta ST with a Cobb tuning package with a custom pro street or dyno tune and still have money left over lol and somewhere around 250/270 to the wheels. Don't think the Fiesta will be my choice but the Recaro optioned cars are nice

Ford and VW have already given me quotes on FoST, FiST, and GTi with paying off remainder of car and all 3 were really good deals GTi and Fiesta even cheaper than the VT. Shame, I like this car and was gonna buy out the lease but thinking due to tuning potential or lack there of I'll likely be moving on soon. I'll at least wait until I close on my house.

Got a little discouraged as I discussed with a very well know local high end tuner about BTR's new Tuning options on the horizon but he wants no part of Korean car tuning as he put it lol. I'm guessing something happened in the past, so I left it at that and we moved onto GDI discussion and finally new turbo and tubular subframe discussion for my EVO.

Maybe I'll just pick up a used EVO X and be done with it. Ugghhh decisions decisions!!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts