Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SXTH element came out with a new motor mount and they are claiming it is close to oem mount because of rubber bushings. I wanted to know if anyone has purchased this and seen a difference from their V2.0 motor mount.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
3,903 Posts
Vibration will be less but will be nothing like the oem mount. Keep in mind that more Vibration means more effective mount. Less Vibration means less effective mount.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vibration will be less but will be nothing like the oem mount. Keep in mind that more Vibration means more effective mount. Less Vibration means less effective mount.
My car is used as a daily driver so do you think I should stick with the old V2.0 version or get the EM3 version?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
If you have a V2 now just keep it. Would have been cheaper to get different inserts for the oem originally but you should be good now. If you do not like the Vibration now go back to stock and try to find a lower durometer than in the V2 now. Or put a combo different durometer in the mount. Or put preload on the inserts in the oem mount. Many ways you can go.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a V2 now just keep it. Would have been cheaper to get different inserts for the oem originally but you should be good now. If you do not like the Vibration now go back to stock and try to find a lower durometer than in the V2 now. Or put a combo different durometer in the mount. Or put preload on the inserts in the oem mount. Many ways you can go.
Okay I have a couple questions. What are preloads? And did you mean put my stock durometer in the SXTH mount? Also where can I find lower durometers?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Preload as in if you have the old sxth mount you can preload it. Or on a stock mount you can preload with washers. Stock inserts can't go in sxth mounts. Many companies make the inserts. V, VT, VN and some others are all likely the same inserts. Not sure what durometer you have now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Preload as in if you have the old sxth mount you can preload it. Or on a stock mount you can preload with washers. Stock inserts can't go in sxth mounts. Many companies make the inserts. V, VT, VN and some others are all likely the same inserts. Not sure what durometer you have now.
Yes I’m unsure what durometer I have too. I thought the mount came with 70A bushings but I just found out that there was an option for 85A bushings. I’m not sure if that’s what measures the durometer but I think that’s it.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Came in street or race and I think those are correct but I'd have to look it up. There may be a lower durometer made but again not sure what you have. Even if you have the lower one and too much Vibration you can go to the oem mount and make it stiffer to your preference with inserts and/or pre load. I can hold your hand through the process. :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Came in street or race and I think those are correct but I'd have to look it up. There may be a lower durometer made but again not sure what you have. Even if you have the lower one and too much Vibration you can go to the oem mount and make it stiffer to your preference with inserts and/or pre load. I can hold your hand through the process. :)
Hahaha thank you because I have no idea how to test it😂

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
You either buy it new and know or used and find out from the previous owner. Testing it would be a little more tricky

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You either buy it new and know or used and find out from the previous owner. Testing it would be a little more tricky
I might just stick with the one I have now. I have gotten used to it and it’s had time to settle. I still have my oem mount if I need to reinstall it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I did some research and also found that there is a possible upgraded OEM mount for the Elentra N-line. I’ve heard the mount is stiffer and is around $70. I asked SXTH what the durometer was for my mount and they said it was 70A because they discontinued the 85A version. Someone tested the Elentra N-line version and said it was 60A durometer. Do you think the vibrations would be significantly different from 70A to 60A?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
70 to 60 is a difference but significant is up to the user. Before spending $70 on a mount I'd spend that or less on inserts to use. Do not think you get what I'm saying so let me explain.

Let's say oem inserts are 40A and you pay $50 for 70A inserts. You can sell the current mount for $1xx. Use both for 70A where you are now. Use one oem 40A insert and one 70A and the mount will be like a 55A durometer. If this is not stiff enough add washer for preload for a little more stiffness. If too stiff then use OEM with washer/s to make stiffer than 40A.

You'll have $ in your pocket and more options going this route at the same time. Can literally have about any durometer you want between oem and what you have now with $ in your pocket.

Hope this makes better sense.

·
Super Moderator
3,300 Posts
this is why i picked up the inserts vs a full mount. ^^

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
70 to 60 is a difference but significant is up to the user. Before spending $70 on a mount I'd spend that or less on inserts to use. Do not think you get what I'm saying so let me explain.

Let's say oem inserts are 40A and you pay $50 for 70A inserts. You can sell the current mount for $1xx. Use both for 70A where you are now. Use one oem 40A insert and one 70A and the mount will be like a 55A durometer. If this is not stiff enough add washer for preload for a little more stiffness. If too stiff then use OEM with washer/s to make stiffer than 40A.

You'll have $ in your pocket and more options going this route at the same time. Can literally have about any durometer you want between oem and what you have now with $ in your pocket.

Hope this makes better sense.
Yes I totally understand. I was looking at inserts and how most of them you have to trim down in order to have them a little lose so there isn’t as much vibration. If I buy inserts I will instal them on my old mount and then get the old mount installed and sell my SXTH V2.0 and then you’re right I’ll be in the positive with money in my pocket. I really just want a little less vibration and with the current 70A there is a good amount of vibration after breaking it in.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes I totally understand. I was looking at inserts and how most of them you have to trim down in order to have them a little lose so there isn’t as much vibration. If I buy inserts I will instal them on my old mount and then get the old mount installed and sell my SXTH V2.0 and then you’re right I’ll be in the positive with money in my pocket. I really just want a little less vibration and with the current 70A there is a good amount of vibration after breaking it in.
I was also just looking to see if there were any options. The vibration isn’t unbearable but with the A/T I know there is more vibration than t he manual.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Not sure if trimming is brand specific or a QC issue. Regardless you'll end up with the results you're looking for in the end and with $ in your pocket. I've installed a few torque solutions inserts on cars with no issues.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure if trimming is brand specific or a QC issue. Regardless you'll end up with the results you're looking for in the end and with $ in your pocket. I've installed a few torque solutions inserts on cars with no issues.
Alright thanks for the help. I will take a look at torque solutions and see what they have. In the end I will probably end up doing what you suggested and installing my oem mount with new inserts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I can’t speak to the V2 but I in fact do have the EM3 on my car. And no it’s not stock vibrations, you feel it. Especially on startup and initial acceleration. I do feel the difference between stock and the EM3 performance wise. Personally I think it’s worth the money, especially since unscrewing the stock dogbone and cramming in new bushings is a pain in the ass... IMO

Reactions: misnblu
1 - 20 of 25 Posts