Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, coming from canada, i'm gonna store my VT 2013 for the winter. I would like to do some work on it during winter in wich, i would install Sxth inter cooler hot pipe and resonator delete. I will also install HKS m40xl or m45xl. I already have a injen SRI and my question was, Should i go with the stage 0 or stage 1 tune. Reliability is realy important for me, i dont want to throw a rod. But if both tune have the same reliability i will take the stage 1. thanks.

·
Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT × 2
4,035 Posts
On a 13 VT you need more than those mods before tuning the car. At least if I'm tuning a 13 VT I require more than that.

M45XL plugs is what you want to go with. I have these if you want them at the best price. I also gap them properly before shipping them out.

If you get a hot pipe then you do not need the resonator delete as it replaces that as well. If you want a little better hot pipe I have those as well.

You'll also want an aftermarket fuel line in the car. I have these as well.

Also oem coils ending in 2B110 with less than 50k miles. I can get these as well.

Proper oil and oem filter 3k mile oil change intervals.

Power in the 13 VT will be limited to 230-240 whp. Ive taken them higher but requires more mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i will change the fuel line (i hope its not too difficult) and have m45xl and fresh oem coil. Will 230whp will be less reliable than the stage 0 tune with let say 200whp. And i thinks those tune will be more reliable than the stock 13' ?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
The 13 VT oem tune is crap. The sxth tunes will be more reliable than the oem tune and make more power as well. Just be sure all parts are in place, plugs gapped at .024", and running high octane fuel.

The fuel line is doable for the DIY type with proper hand tools. Takes around 2 hours to do taking your time. Cutting the oem line out back makes removal much easier. Be sure done on a cool car.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
My tunes/Qwik Tyme Performance, and SXTH, are going to be the most reliable tunes for the VT.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
No, I choose not to have a website as it potentially allows people to waste money on parts/services they may not need, or not get all they need to meet their goals. I'd rather have the 1 on 1 discussion to be sure they get what they need and nothing more.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohh i understand.. and do you know if its true that veloster 13 with built date of june 13 and up are not as bad as the early 13's ?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I do not believe that any 13 have the strong internals if that's what you're asking. That does not mean they can't make good power though. But unfortunately most tuners will limit them when tuning. Myself I'll push any of them in power if safe to do so based on the mods, the maintenance, and what the datalog shows me. But at the same time the owner must be aware at some point things will get iffy based on how hard the car is pushed based on many factors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is it the bad internal or the stock tune causing lspi that make the car blow ?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Tune, plugs, coils, fuel line are common issues that cause misfires. The misfires cause things to break and the weak internals are less forgiving.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does a tune will make the boost higher ? Like more pression in the engine ?

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Most tunes will increase boost to make more power.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
That depends on the tune you put in the car. Some are safer than others. Qwik Tyme Performance and SXTH have the least issues of the cars they've tuned than any other vendors that I'm aware of.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm pretty sure they have changed it over time and I would have to do some digging to verify this but I think sxth's oem+ tune raises boost by a pretty small amount. 1-2 psi maybe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes they were claiming like 10whp before.. now this is 15 to 25 whp for the calibration

1 - 20 of 26 Posts