Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to Darden, Nick & Peter @ Synapse. They were able to develop a bolt on BOV kit for our VT's & they installed and Dyno'd yesterday. They stated they would post up the results & videos on their page shortly; so make sure to check it out for all the details!

Synapse Engineering | Official Page for Blow Off Valve, Wastegates, Intake

But I couldn't wait, so I took pics and video myself! The video doesn't do it justice, the sound is AMAZING! I instantly noticed the difference in HP, but maybe that's just me cause I drive it everyday.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

·
Registered
163 Posts
How much for the kit? Didn't see it on their website

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
nice! BOV wont add hp, epecially without boost hack, however, it can help boost build up better due to much better construction and resistance to opening under boost.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
nice! BOV wont add hp, epecially without boost hack, however, it can help boost build up better due to much better construction and resistance to opening under boost.
Boy is my face red! :sorry: I must've just had a placebo effect I guess, got a new part and got excited! :cool2:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much for the kit? Didn't see it on their website
They're still working out pricing, this is the first kit to come out. They used my car to fabricate it. I should be able to get pricing for it shortly or I'll post up the link when it's on their website.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Stock location or is it replacing the cold pipe?
see pics.. it replaces the cold pipe.

I am assuming they did a block off plate for the stock BOV?

judging by their pics online, it almost looks pretttty darn close to the genesis coupe kit (looks like one end is cut down) and would use the same block-off plate. In this case, prices at 369.00$

less than 150$ more and you are in full FMIC kit territory.

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Since it is hooked to the stock solenoid 100%, shouldn't have a chance of setting the CEL.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Super Moderator
3,542 Posts
Synapse wont set off the CEL with mechanical boost either. I have a couple people running it that way with FMIC and both no CELs.

·
Banned
7,377 Posts
see pics.. it replaces the cold pipe.

I am assuming they did a block off plate for the stock BOV?

judging by their pics online, it almost looks pretttty darn close to the genesis coupe kit (looks like one end is cut down) and would use the same block-off plate. In this case, prices at 369.00$

less than 150$ more and you are in full FMIC kit territory.
Yeah if it comes in at 369$ I will be going with the Turbosmart xs bov. I don't plan on upgrading the intercooler unless Tork comes out with a baller stock location replacement.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
And I love the sound this baby makes!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts