Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been debating whether to tint my tail lights with a nice gloss black finish. Just covering the red part and leaving the white strip (turn signal) alone. I have a white VT and want to see everyone's white veloster turbo with gloss black tint so I can get a feel if I should do mine. I searched everywhere and can't find too many white VT with the tint im looking for so trying on here.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Slightly more subtle Photoshop.

4BA3795C-4ABA-4DFA-9C5B-1995457CAF26_zpsk5nkntjj.jpg

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
That does look good on the white but I won't do that unless I use LaminX and on our tails that will be a bitch to put on. Would require a lot of heat and patience.
If you tint your tails though I would leave the white turns and back up lights exposed, get a turn as tail conversion, replace the turn signal bulb with a white one, and make both the turn and back up lights work as backup lights.

I did that with mine and it looks good, no tint though. I changed the back up bulbs with a high power LED and swapped the orange turn bulbs with clear incandescent. The incandescent puts out a warmer white and the LED puts out a clear white (about 5k) so combined they illuminate everything behind my quite nice, even with my window tint.

They don't make a turn as tail specifically for our vehicle but if you get the generic turn as tails (very easy to do but no back light conversion option) all you have to do is T-tap your unused factory turn wires into the back up wires. As long as you change one or both bulbs to LED you won't overload the wires, especially since your back up lights are only on for short periods.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I ordered the Lamin X and they are shit... Wouldn't recommend... they are said to be custom cut but none of them were cut the right way... I purchased the yellow fogs and the smoked tail lenses and reflectors... horrible. I'm working on refund right now...

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I ordered the Lamin X and they are shit... Wouldn't recommend... they are said to be custom cut but none of them were cut the right way... I purchased the yellow fogs and the smoked tail lenses and reflectors... horrible. I'm working on refund right now...
If you notice my avatar I have the lamin X on my fogs. The laminX does not fit like a decal you just slap on the side of a window. You have to mold it and pull it a little, sometimes after warming it up with a blow dryer, to get it to stretch and mold to the exact shape. Then you trim the edges with a razor blade or exacto knife. You only have to score the lamin-x and it will separate when you pull it. Trying to cut all the way through it with a blade will put scratches on your lens. This is why I said on complex shaped lights you really have to be patient with the lamin X because you have to pull and mold it around the edges and then use heat to help it conform to the different angles. I've seen people apply laminx with some weird shaped head lights but they knew what they were doing and it didn't take long at all. It's always best to watch one of their videos first.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have lamin x on my tail lights, but not the pre-cut ones. I ordered sheets and trim them after installing on the lights

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have only one thing to propose to you. there are a lot of people out there that will not be able to see your lights in bright day light. and someone who (god forbid ) hit you will be found innocent of the crash and make it your fault if they hit you. ask your insurance about this. my insurance said it would be made my fault if i did it to my white R-spec . it looks very good but it can make a lot of trouble for you. just a suggestion my reaction time now that i am officially entering "old fart-dom" but i have made that suggestion several times .

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have only one thing to propose to you. there are a lot of people out there that will not be able to see your lights in bright day light. and someone who (god forbid ) hit you will be found innocent of the crash and make it your fault if they hit you. ask your insurance about this. my insurance said it would be made my fault if i did it to my white R-spec . it looks very good but it can make a lot of trouble for you. just a suggestion my reaction time now that i am officially entering "old fart-dom" but i have made that suggestion several times .
This is good advice and he right. I've laminX mine before but I only went with the smoke color because it still allowed plenty of the light to come through, just made it a little darker. I also installed a 3rd brake light flasher on mine so if you don't see that light flashing you wouldn't have seen anything else, no matter the color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did it on my white 2016 IMG_20160222_170912.jpg

IMG_20160222_170936.jpg

IMG_20160222_171041.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is that tint film or paint?
ah its painted, i got it done while i got the roof and lower sideskirts/front lip wrapped with satin black film

·
Registered
509 Posts
Here are the pictures of my rear light tint....
image.jpg

Light on
image.jpg

Smoke tint, a lot of light comes through.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts