Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That's very unfortunate..

Hopefully your car didn't sustain too much damage.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That's very unfortunate..

Hopefully your car didn't sustain too much damage.
Fortunately I didn't hit them, just going for a walk up the road (Have a quarry up from me so probably one of the trucks hit them) If I did hit them my car would be fucked, Kangaroos are all muscle. The dickheads are using the road to travel up and down the valley. Just a couple of weeks ago I was working on my car and this huge Eastern Gray Kangaroo casually hopped up the road.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Fortunately I didn't hit them, just going for a walk up the road (Have a quarry up from me so probably one of the trucks hit them) If I did hit them my car would be fucked, Kangaroos are all muscle. The dickheads are using the road to travel up and down the valley. Just a couple of weeks ago I was working on my car and this huge Eastern Gray Kangaroo casually hopped up the road.
I should have guessed that. No wonder you didn't post a picture of your "damaged" car!

It's interesting because if we hit a kangaroo here in the states it would get nationwide attention.. they must be like deers in 'straya

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking it.... How'd they taste?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kangaroo tastes great. An extremely lean meat with a slight natural curry taste to it.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Stuart Highway that runs right through Australia (1761 mi), the side of the highway is littered with tire retreads and dead kangaroos/emus/dingos/reptiles. Wedge Tailed Eagles are usually feasting on what is left, now these buggers are BIG. Over 9 foot wingspan found.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
knives are bigger too...

fao7q.jpg

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Living in the bush capital kangaroos are a frequent hazard on many of our urban roads. The closest I have come in the recent past was on my motorcycle on a country road about 30km north, and I got a chance to test my newly upgraded front brakes and they passed. Other than that when it's hot they tend to lay in the shade so the most hazardous times are morning and evening.

Strangely I have seen a lot of echidnas on the road over the past 18 months, both in the car and especially on my motorcycle.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts