Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got some devastating news today...the guy I got a quote from last week about changing my interior pink turns out to be not so reliable. The place I went to today is highly reputable and told me that It would be cheaper and more accurate to just order a custom kit from a company, which would run around $1600...but also that most of the time it takes about 1-2 after a car comes out before this company even starts to make kits :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
She's talking about interior parts. Ex. Seat accents and such.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Personally if I was going to buy a new set. I'd try my hand at bleaching and dying the seats myself ;) Could be a fun time!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The thing that is making it hard to do is the fact that all the stitching in the seats and doors is blue as well..so that would need to be changed. And it cannot simply be dyed bc it will come right off

·
Registered
82 Posts
The thing that is making it hard to do is the fact that all the stitching in the seats and doors is blue as well..so that would need to be changed. And it cannot simply be dyed bc it will come right off
First of all, I give you mad props for your determination. Here are my 2 cents.

1. Find someone with black/grey interior and do a swap. Swap the door panels and swap the seat. Takes one afternoon max.

2. Now that you have white/grey stitching, it is much easier to dye.

3. As far as the leather seat goes, I am really not sure if the grey accent can be dyed to pink. I would assume the worse and budget for a custom leather on the two front seats.

You can always sell the leather seat cover to a NA V owner, or the heck with it and try dye the grey pink. If it works, great. If it doesn't, you expected the worse already.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The blue can actually be dyed pretty easily, like I said the only issue im running into is the stitching. No matter the color, dyeing the stithces themselves will not work bc it will come right off of threading. Idk...im thinking of just getting black and blue rims for now, at least until ppl start making kits for the car then I can custom order my hot pink and just get my rims powder coated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts