Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
The yellow fog light tint, what type are you going to use. Vinyl wrap you put over the lens?
If so let me know what type and how it goes.
Im wanting to do the same on the bikes headlight.

The 8mm spacers need to be hubcentric and specific 5 bolt pattern for the car to fit properly.
Universal spacers are junk and are hit and miss.
Also 8mm is on the threshold of not leaving enough thread on the studs so be careful here as you don't want to have a wheel fall off as you're flogging on the car.

Good review with on the upgraded TB. 馃憤

Registered
2015 auto VT, 2013 manual VT 脳 2
Is it spring time yet? :)

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
The yellow fog light tint, what type are you going to use. Vinyl wrap you put over the lens?
If so let me know what type and how it goes.
Im wanting to do the same on the bikes headlight.

The 8mm spacers need to be hubcentric and specific 5 bolt pattern for the car to fit properly.
Universal spacers are junk and are hit and miss.
Also 8mm is on the threshold of not leaving enough thread on the studs so be careful here as you don't want to have a wheel fall off as you're flogging on the car.
Yes, I'm looking at the vinyl pre-cut fog light wrap kind, I will let you know!

The spacers are 67.1 hub centric so they will fit snuggly, they are also from the same company I ordered the 5mm set from so I believe they are also exact lug pattern.
I believe the diameter of the stud is the minimum safe amount of tread that should be used.
So I'll keep any eye.
Shouldn't be terribly expensive to get longer studs if needed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #65
Well before we get to the big update, decided to try the 8mm spacers on the front wheels.
What an improvement, and it looks pretty flush with the rear wheels -although once I replace the 2 partially stripped lug nuts on the back right wheel, I may also go 8mm here(I'm able to get all lugs torqued down with the 5mm, no way the 8mm will torque enough to where I feel safe on those 2).
Before:

After:

I'll have to get pictures with the bumper back on as well(had off to install cold pipe).

But onto the main show.
I may reposition the BOV, but I kind of like it situated how it is now.

Took it for a test drive, ran great the first hard pull.. then pop and wouldn't boost past 10psi.
Came home and found the clamp I had used on the throttle body had broke and the coupler blew off.
Borrowed one from the intake(seen in picture, just hadn't pulled the one off the cold pipe).
YES, they will be replaced with T-clamps.
Could of sworn I had a set laying around, but forgot I used them when I installed the QTP hot pipe.

But it sounds amazing, can't get a decent sound clip of the new BOV in action with my phone sadly, but trust me - sounds so much better than the hybrid BOV.

Block off plate picture, in case you wanted to see it.

I am getting the P2261 code, but since its really not hurting anything I'm gonna replace the wheel studs first, then worry about fixing the P2261 code(adding a secondary vacuum tank).

Sadly this brings all the "big" projects for 2020 to an end.
Really nothing left to "bolt on".

Got a few small and/or cheap things I'd like to tackle through the winter months such as;
*clock spring(miss my cruise control!)
*some more 'wire tuck' clean up under the hood, repainting valve cover to match the copper on wheels/BOV
*tint the fog lights yellow
*redo/upgrade/rebuild the intake so it looks better
*whatever else I can think of or find to do lol

Spring time will bring the fuel line upgrade, maybe a small/mild cost performance upgrade here and there as well.

Decided since we have our 3rd little one due in late March/Early April I'm gonna put off the tune till 2022 so we don't find ourselves in a financial bind after the birth, since at some point both of us will be missing a few days of work, and no telling what $$$ needs may show up during 2021.

However, I will be getting some track time in 2021 - hoping to hit 9 seconds flat!

Registered
Discussion Starter #66
Little update, For a week solid(before I even installed the Elantra TB) each night on my way home I made a pull on torque(app) and while the 1/8 "time" is hit or miss(Saw anywhere from .5 to a solid second difference when I ran it while I was at the track), the MPH matched almost perfectly with the track slips.

Anyhow.

Each of the 5 runs I made almost the same MPH as the track times where I was averaging 9.6/74.5mph

I've made two runs this week after the throttle body and cold pipe upgrade, I've hit 77.7 and a 78mph.

So while its not 100% accurate, I feel like it made a huge improvement.
But we'll have to wait till drag season in 2021 to find out for sure.

Registered
Little update, For a week solid(before I even installed the Elantra TB) each night on my way home I made a pull on torque(app) and while the 1/8 "time" is hit or miss(Saw anywhere from .5 to a solid second difference when I ran it while I was at the track), the MPH matched almost perfectly with the track slips.

Anyhow.

Each of the 5 runs I made almost the same MPH as the track times where I was averaging 9.6/74.5mph

I've made two runs this week after the throttle body and cold pipe upgrade, I've hit 77.7 and a 78mph.

So while its not 100% accurate, I feel like it made a huge improvement.
But we'll have to wait till drag season in 2021 to find out for sure.
Wow. Thats a noticeable difference for sure! Whats the difference in ambient temperature over that time?

Registered
iat and ect will play a bigger role on power made and mph on track vs street. Usually more power on the street.

Registered
Discussion Starter #70

Met up with a local Raptor before work to re-home my former TuboXS hybrid BOV.
You can also get a nice view on how the front 8mm spacers push out the front wheels almost flush to the fender now.
(before, most noticeable on the back of the fender, by doors)

TRDtoy you'll recognize him, since you tuned him lol

Registered
View attachment 105992
View attachment 105993
Met up with a local Raptor before work to re-home my former TuboXS hybrid BOV.
You can also get a nice view on how the front 8mm spacers push out the front wheels almost flush to the fender now.
(before, most noticeable on the back of the fender, by doors)
View attachment 105994
TRDtoy you'll recognize him, since you tuned him lol
I tuned what?.......... Hahaha! ;-)

How you like his banner?

Fyi spacers on the oem wheels:
20 mm on 215 tire
15 mm on 225 tire
10 mm on 235 tire
5 mm on 245 tire
No spacer on 255 tire

61 - 71 of 71 Posts