116 Posts
My suspension is this:

PMS Rear Torsion bar
PMS Lower 2pt Tie bar
PMS Race Version Strut bar
PMS Front Sway bar
TurboSocks Rigid collars
Ksport Coilovers
PMS Rollcage (Adds stiffness to the chassis and does make a difference in the way the car feels)
PMS Rear Camber/Toe kit (does help the suspension set up work to its fullest)
Professionally measured alignment and corner balanced by a race alignment shop
Just bought 2015 VT/MT. Does this list still apply?

Didn't know if maybe Hyundai had improved any of these in the newer model.

·
Registered
5,021 Posts

·
Registered
5,021 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
I can install all....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all, I just joined and wanted to say "Hi". I bought my 2016 last weekend and really like the car. I'm 41 and this is my first new car, so I'm pretty excited. I plan to drive it 'til the wheels fall off, so I want to do everything I can to keep it in top shape. I got rid of my 1992 Corvette ZR-1 a few months ago, so I'm familiar with what a fast car is like. My Veloster is my do-everything car. I would like to make a few modifications to it so it's the best it can be without sacrificing reliability. I have a 2013 Ninja ZX-6R, so that takes care of my need for speed. I just want to make the Veloster a little quicker and handle a little better. I'll make sure to check all the threads before I ask any questions that have already been covered. I better get back to cheering for the KC Royals, but thank you for accepting me into the community!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all, I just joined and wanted to say "Hi". I bought my 2016 last weekend and really like the car. I'm 41 and this is my first new car, so I'm pretty excited. I plan to drive it 'til the wheels fall off, so I want to do everything I can to keep it in top shape. I got rid of my 1992 Corvette ZR-1 a few months ago, so I'm familiar with what a fast car is like. My Veloster is my do-everything car. I would like to make a few modifications to it so it's the best it can be without sacrificing reliability. I have a 2013 Ninja ZX-6R, so that takes care of my need for speed. I just want to make the Veloster a little quicker and handle a little better. I'll make sure to check all the threads before I ask any questions that have already been covered. I better get back to cheering for the KC Royals, but thank you for accepting me into the community!
Welcome. Go Royals. I am 44 and George Brett was my hero as a kid. Still is. I just bought a Solo Exhaust and an Injen SRI. Not a ton, but I hear it adds about 20+ HP. I also have bought the Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar to help with a wiggle back end. Had a few sketchy moments hard braking over some bumps and that was enough to sell me on the bar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the advice, Kud0s69. I'm glad the rear-end wiggle wasn't just my car. I noticed it on my commute on I-35 going through downtown KC when I had to lightly trail-brake going around a gentle sweeper because I was catching up to traffic. Throw in a few little bumps in the pavement and it got a little exciting. That Pierce Motorsports rear torsion bar will be at the top of my list. Does anyone have a preference of the Injen vs. AEM cold-air intakes? I emailed AEM this weekend regarding the availability of the CAI for the 2016's, they replied with "There is not an ETA date of when an intake will be in stock for this application." Is there a better brand than these two? I also emailed Amsoil for their opinion on motor oil weight, they replied "Actually the 0W30 is the best choice for year around use. It provides all of the wear protection of 5W30 while improving both fuel economy and cold temperature operation."

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't go with either the Injen or the AEM. They are both crap on the VT. Go with a 3.5" from Tork, Socks, 845 or 6EE.
Can you link some posts that outline why Injen/AEM are crap on the VT? I believe you since you're very knowledgable about the platform, but the dyno chart comparisons between the 6EE and AEM intakes are in favor of AEM, and this is the first I've seen someone state outright that the Injen/AEM intakes aren't good on our car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks swordfish. I didn't think Hyundai changed anything for 2016, but I figured there must be a reason why the 2016 wasn't listed as available if the previous years were. "Go with a 3.5" from Tork, Socks, 845 or 6EE". I certainly appreciate the advice, but please keep in mind I'm new to all the Veloster Turbo lingo and associated websites. If you have a second, could you please give me the websites where I can find these products? I appreciate it!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks swordfish. I didn't think Hyundai changed anything for 2016, but I figured there must be a reason why the 2016 wasn't listed as available if the previous years were. "Go with a 3.5" from Tork, Socks, 845 or 6EE". I certainly appreciate the advice, but please keep in mind I'm new to all the Veloster Turbo lingo and associated websites. If you have a second, could you please give me the websites where I can find these products? I appreciate it!
Tork, (Turbo)socks, 845 Motorsports, and 6th Element Engineering are the companies he referred to there.

Tork's website: Select a Category | DamnFastDD.com
Turbosocks' website: TurboSocks
845 Motorsports' website: 845 Motorsports |
6th Element Engineering website: http://www.6thelementengineering.com

All four of these companies have made great strides in developing aftermarket parts for the VT. I am still curious to see examples of why Injen/AEM are crap on our vehicles; Injen and AEM both have CAIs developed specifically for our cars, and as long-time players in the intake game I'm skeptical that they are noticeably worse than the vendors we have on this forum.

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
The Injen and AEM are both smaller diameter piping. As for the Dynos posted by the manufacturer I will say that a good Dyno operator can make just about anything show up.
Having had both the Injen and Torks 3.5 I have some butt dyno evidence, but no graphs.
In the end our Turbos are greedy little air hogs... You can read the new airflow post if you want some science, but the short version is to imagine breathing in through a straw. The AEM is a cocktail swizzle stick, the Injen is a McDonalds straw and the 3.5" units are the sewer pipe you get with the Panera frozen lemonade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great, thanks Professor S! I skimmed through this thread and I don't think I saw Oil Catch Cans mentioned. I've read posts about them on other website and folks, especially with GDI engines, seem to think they are incredibly important to add as soon as possible. Any thoughts? If you agree, any particular brands better than others? I'm sure the Mishimoto ones are of high quality, but I've seen a couple other brands out there that are a little cheaper. Cheaper is good, but I don't want to sacrifice their ability to do their job.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts