Veloster Turbo Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
11,490 Posts
Driving from Delaware to Key West in a few weeks I may just run it on 89 for the long highway trips since I want to save a little money, but day in day out I run 91 and above.
Im going to put it out there that switching between fuel grades on a regular basis is going to waste more fuel (as the ECU adjusts) than sticking to the better grade and keeping the boot off the accelerator.
When the ECU detects a knock it pulls timing, and decreasing octane increases the likelihood of knock. So you start a new learning cycle and basically are shooting yourself in the foot.
Keep running the better fuel and turn on that stupid BluesCluesFuelSaveGame or whatever it is called.

·
Registered
55 Posts
well - I just ordered the Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsionbar Brace today - we'll see if there is any noticeable difference in "daily driving" once installed - I do understand the Principle involved. From my experience, the best handling improvement was changing out the 215/40R18 Kuhmo "All Season" tires to 225/40R18 Hi-Perf "Summer Tires"………….I'll give my opinion of any noted difference with the Brace once I drive it …………Larry

·
Registered
55 Posts
Im going to put it out there that switching between fuel grades on a regular basis is going to waste more fuel (as the ECU adjusts) than sticking to the better grade and keeping the boot off the accelerator.
When the ECU detects a knock it pulls timing, and decreasing octane increases the likelihood of knock. So you start a new learning cycle and basically are shooting yourself in the foot.
Keep running the better fuel and turn on that stupid BluesCluesFuelSaveGame or whatever it is called.
Jon gave me this advice when I first bought the car and experienced "Turbo Wave" - and he was SPOT ON - I've never gone back from Shell V-Power Nitro+ and after 7000 miles have NEVER experienced the Turbo Wave again…….Larry

·
Registered
36 Posts
well - I just ordered the Pierce Motorsports Rear Torsionbar Brace today - we'll see if there is any noticeable difference in "daily driving" once installed - I do understand the Principle involved. From my experience, the best handling improvement was changing out the 215/40R18 Kuhmo "All Season" tires to 225/40R18 Hi-Perf "Summer Tires"………….I'll give my opinion of any noted difference with the Brace once I drive it …………Larry
where did you order? just bought mine 3 days ago on PMS website with the expectation of getting it around june because prior to ordering, i called them and was told they sold out and new batch (100) arriving in june.

heres email i got:

Hello there-thanks for your orders! We've sold out of our torsion bars unexpectedly, but have another pallet coming in around the first week of June---your orders are in the first 50 bars and we should have a 100 coming to us so they will ship immediately. You'll receive tracking info when they leave, thanks again!

·
Registered
55 Posts
where did you order? just bought mine 3 days ago on PMS website with the expectation of getting it around june because prior to ordering, i called them and was told they sold out and new batch (100) arriving in june.

heres email i got:

Hello there-thanks for your orders! We've sold out of our torsion bars unexpectedly, but have another pallet coming in around the first week of June---your orders are in the first 50 bars and we should have a 100 coming to us so they will ship immediately. You'll receive tracking info when they leave, thanks again!
I got the same info from Jim Pierce

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yeah the Rear torsion bar is the best selling product for the Veloster and as soon as a shipment comes in they sold instantly. Even owners that have no plans of modding the veloster buy this torsion bar.. You guys are in good hands
*thumbs up*

i dont mind the wait. since i will going to the philippines soon and wont be back til june 11th. this will be my project once i get back. i put a note asking for blue. hope i get a blue coated one. *fingers cross*

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know this is old, does anyone know how this is on fully stock? On their site it says minor movement is needed with the stock exhaust for the torsion install. I wouldn't mind making my ride more sporty so I am curious!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Im only getting significant oil flow back from the PCV valve. I checked, the oil literally dropped all the way down to the paper air filter

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Im only getting significant oil flow back from the PCV valve. I checked, the oil literally dropped all the way down to the paper air filter
PCVV is not connected to the pre-compressor intake. Breather outlet is, however, so that is what is causing blow-by oil to drip down towards the air filter.

You should either put a high-filtration catch can on both valve cover outlets, or skyvent both; skyvent the breather outlet ASAP at a minimum until you decide your long-term strategy. Clean all the oil out of the intake, charge pipes, intercooler and throttle body.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts