Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally happened, it works and the data looks good so far...Thanks to my contacts at HP Tuners..

Beta testing will continue in the next week
20180612_230148.jpg

·
Registered
377 Posts
He is not a salesman, never has he claimed to be. He answered your question succinctly. This is not necessarily a tune, though HP Tuners could offer them. Figure out how to avoid throttle cut in a tune yourself, once you understand the relationship between the two maps that MOVT posted, this issue can mostly be mitigated so long as other limiters, both torque and load based, are in congruence with the settings in these two maps.

As a side question to MOVT, it looks like these maps are reading with the decimal places in the wrong spot. What do other maps look like? Requested torque via pedal position, etc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
This is pretty awesome. Can't wait!

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
i have a long background tuning hondas and mitubishis and i'll be the first to state i wouldnt even want to bother trying to do this on my own. these ecus are a whole different ball game from the early days where you had half a dozen maps.

kudos to you MOVT. looking forward to using your product perhaps sometime next year :)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Sort of avoided the question about whether this solution might have access to DCT-related data. Don't worry. I won't ask for specifics. ;)

By all means, prevent misinformation. Avoid unqualified user mistakes and liability. It's sensible. Regardless, I can see some of what Joe is seeing. Perhaps there's a happy medium to be had, in terms of communication. MOVT may not be selling this, but whoever ultimately does might consider securing a PR guy.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sort of avoided the question about whether this solution might have access to DCT-related data. Don't worry. I won't ask for specifics. ;)

By all means, prevent misinformation. Avoid unqualified user mistakes and liability. It's sensible. Regardless, I can see some of what Joe is seeing. Perhaps there's a happy medium to be had, in terms of communication. MOVT may not be selling this, but whoever ultimately does might consider securing a PR guy.
At launch this will not support transmission tuning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts