Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I am sad to bring the news that the Veloster Community has lost one of the founding members. The Early adopters know him as -X- and others as E9C900A... He is the founder of XenonElement parts and has been a cornerstone of knowledge that helped build the community today. He was the first to bring a number of parts and has helped countless people through Veloster Turbo issue large and small.

His name was Brian and he passed due to complications with the flu. He leaves a large hole in the community but maybe the largest hole will be felt here on VelosterTrubo.org as this was his favorite place to be as it relates to the VT.

I for one am going to miss him a great deal. Some of you know that my car is outfitted with every part he ever made, including the original prototype intercooler! (Proud to say that actually). This was because I believed so fully in him and what he did. He also tuned my car, which many of you may not even be aware that he did that. He spent countless hundreds of hours in conversations with me over the years to help me dial in my car and his effort and knowledge will be missed.

More than that, I will miss the Man. He and I got to talking about football, video games, movies, and music over the years and I had the privilage of learning more about him than just his car knowledge. He was a great man to me and I will miss him greatly.

Rest Easy Brian - your impact was real on many lives and you will be missed.

Registered
That's tough to hear. He was a limitless fountain of knowledge and his passion and dedication to this community was inspiring. He will be missed.

Super Moderator
Rest in peace pal :(

Registered
I commend you Ty for creating this post as I feel the same way you do. I'm having a hard time articulating my words with my feelings at this time & so I thank you for this recognition of 'X'.

I too was very close with Brian as he tuned my car as well right after TyBardy. What a great experience & I won't ever remove my XE tune now in honor of him!!! I was blessed with an ORHP v2 from Brian directly because he literally wanted the best for me & of course to go faster.(Proud af) He & I were competitive & didn't like to lose, & so we were on a mission to make my little pocket rocket quick. It was such a rush & I was so happy to say I won because of Xenon Element. I just wanted to make him proud...

We accomplished alot, but most importantly I learned alot. He was a perfectionist & I respected that because it made me feel like I could trust him with anything about my car.

He will be missed dearly & for respect I believe we should sticky note this thread to remember him!

Rest up Brian, you are a legend to the VT community.

Registered
Thank you very much for posting this Ty. I am still in shock. When I spoke to him on January 25th he said he was still convalescing. I asked him for a favor and to watch a couple of videos. He told me he didn't want to be bothered until he felt better. However, he responded with an answer about the videos a few hours later. That was just like him. Always willing to help out no matter what! His passion to learn more about the VT platform was relentless. He was an absolute perfectionist in every way and frankly, was extremely ocd, just like me.

I too had the pleasure of being tuned by 'X'. He worked with me for countless hours and days over the past year and a half. He turned my VT into a beast! Throughout the entire process he never asked for anything in return. We exchanged parts sometimes and we exchanged gifts sometimes. We had a great friendship. Everytime he learned something new he passed the knowledge onto me. I considered him a mentor and trusted him explicitly. Furthermore, just like Ty said, we would carry on about football, places to eat and his similar love for the weather. My next trip to the dyno was to be in March and both of us were so stoked to see the new numbers. He was also planning a trip to Georgia to come see me in February or March. I offered to help him walnut blast the valves on LKL. I was so excited to finally get the opportunity to meet him. Till then I salute you each and every time I gap another car!!

Thank you so much Brian ('X') for being such a selfless man. Your contributions to the VT community will always be remembered. RIP my brother. You are and will be missed terribly.????

Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 馃か
I agree with the stickie of this thread.

I never knew the man personally but absolutely enjoyed reading his posts and spilling knowledge when I first joined these forums and lurked for months.

It's such a shame to see young people go before their time but in Brian's case his love for cars, people, and giving back was something most will never achieve. ??

Registered
Very sorry to hear this. He was a great guy that was always willing to help who's knowledge I leaned on more than a couple times.

Rest in peace friend, you will be missed dearly.

Reactions: misnblu

Registered
I knew Brian since 2014. We spoke a lot on both personal level and modding/tuning all cars including the VT, hung out at times, and worked on making parts together for xenon element, a name he came up with partially because he was obsessed with the letter X. He was a quirky fellow that loved to use big words the avg Joe had no clue the definition and any word with the letter X in it was a bonus as he told me many times for whatever reason.

Many never knew him on a personal level but rather on here. Some that knew him on here saw him as an asshole by some of his posts. What they never knew was the knowledge level he had and the research he carried out behind the scenes, much of which I was also a part of, and much of which has never been posted here knowing most wouldnot be able to comprehend what could be posted. He was actually banned as -X- due to many soft members on here complaining and had to create another account just to be on here to do what he loved doing, helping others.

What bothered him greatly was the lack of knowledge in the VT community so he wanted to change that by assisting members here. It also bothered him that so many asked the same questions over and over that have already been answered many times that people could have found in a search. He battled daily if he was going to "spoon feed" people all the answers or tell them to search for the answers to further educate themselves.

Many do not realize that he owned a 13 VT manual, 14 VT automatic, 16 VT DCT, 19 Veloster N, an old Camaro, an M5 BMW, a Saab, and a few others that I knew of just in the 6 years I knew him. Many also did not realize that he started xenon element to make parts for the cars, tuned these cars since 2014, was on Facebook under many names, was on Instagram, and much more I could go on forever about.

Anyway, I'll just say I miss the man just like many others will. I do plan on trying to assist the family with anything they may need. He was pretty private and I know for a fact some of the ones in the VT scene likely know more about the guy and what he had more than his family knows.

Rest easy Brian K. No worries as there are a few good people out there to carry on where you left off. And I'll run that 12 in the 1/4 on the stock turbo and dedicate that pass to you brother!

Registered
2013 VT, Manual
Jeeze. Definitely will feel the hole on this site without him. Life is fragile. RIP.

Registered
I will miss him as well, I have received many parts and great advice from him. I had always wanted to meet him in person but I live on the other side of the US. The amount of knowledge and experience we have lost is immense.

Registered
no way... RIP man.. i've only known him through here and his own forum for the parts he was developing but was always cool and very knowledgeable. Super sad news.

Registered
Me & X's work, an update pretty much!

Reactions: Clw and TyBardy

Registered
Nice video.

PM me for what you need to do for the intake setup, breather, and PCV hoses.

Registered
2015 Veloster Turbo DCT
Sad to hear! Seems like he had a TON of influence on the VT scene. I was directed to these forms based on his Oil recommendations and research. My condolences go out to his family.

Registered
So many questions I never got to ask... his advice was always to the point even if it pissed people off. Don't get that with too many people these days. Def will me missed.

RIP XE ??

Reactions: TyBardy

Registered
I am heartbroken to hear this. He was a man of vast knowledge and extremely helpful on here. All of your stories of the man outside these forums is such a nice tribute to him. He never failed to point someone in the right direction, even if it was in is signature...."do a search dummy, it's been said 842 times before on here" style. He and his knowledge and expertise will be sorely missed on here. RIP Brian.

Administrator
Thank you for bringing this up Ty, Brian was key to the history and community we are all part of here. He will be missed. I will work on a way to memorialize his account appropriately and ensure he is always remembered here.

Please continue to share stories here about how Brian has helped you personally or through the community to keep his light ever burning. May he rest in peace.

-The Community Management Team

1 - 20 of 23 Posts