Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to beef up the turbo ultimate. Only really wanting to get to 260ish hp, I know the Dct trans is only good for around 300 hp. Im wanting a list of essential mods for my goal. So far I've purchased a Boomba Rear motor mount, and a Tork Motorsports axleback exhaust(muffler delete).

I know I can get to 240ish hp with only the lap3 USA tune, but I don't want the car to be working at 100% for those numbers. Looking for great, reliable mods for a daily driver

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I can hook you up with an intake, hot pipe, and proper water/meth injection setup. You will need a good tune from SXTH to get there as well as a catless downpipe and gut or delete the second cat in the mid pipe and a set of HKSM45XL plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might take you up on that offer in the future. Can you think of any good upgrades over factory parts that I can do that won't void warranty/ possibly still be able to run it off 87 oct

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm putting on the tork axleback exhaust today, and then I've got a drilled and slotted brake rotors and pads kit on the way. Boomba mount has nearly broken in now and everything feels aggressive with great traction, especially uphill and downhill

·
Registered
111 Posts
Since you've already done the axleback, get a midpipe. It shouldn't change warranty coverage over what you have currently and it will remove your 2nd cat. Any changes you make can affect warranty coverage though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have any links for just the midpipe? So far I'm only finding the whole catback set with the axleback. Could a muffler shop just fabricate something for a midpipe? Was thinking about getting the resonator deleted for around 90$

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Ya shop can delete the cat and resonator in the mid pipe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh, hell yeah I'll have to call up my shop and see what they'd charge. Should I even bother supplying my own resonator delete from tork or sxth, or just let the shop use their own pipe

·
Registered
111 Posts
A local shop made me a whole new midpipe for $100. Just to cut out the resonator and cat and weld in a piece of straight piping would be a little bit cheaper but for some reason I wanted to be able to swap my old exhaust back if I wanted.

The part you listed is a resonator for the intercooler piping. That will not work for your exhaust. Typically if you're looking for budget exhaust components a shop will be able to get them for you for the same price or cheaper than you can get them yourself. If you want the whole midpipe replaced with straight piping just ask for a quote on a new 2.5" midpipe including 2.5" flanges on both ends. I would expect they would say between $100-$150.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Do not do the resonator delete in the hot pipe. Full hot pipe. I have you covered there for best flow if using the OEM intercooler

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A local shop made me a whole new midpipe for $100. Just to cut out the resonator and cat and weld in a piece of straight piping would be a little bit cheaper but for some reason I wanted to be able to swap my old exhaust back if I wanted.

The part you listed is a resonator for the intercooler piping.
Ahh shit, I'm still learning all this, but I had thought resonators were only on exhaust haha. But thanks alot for the advice. I'll probably follow your route and get them to make me a new midpipe. 2.5" is the right spec for the 19' 1.6t?

It'll probably be a bit before I get to adding those on, gotta love that Corona budget haha

·
Registered
111 Posts
No worries. You are far from the first person to get mixed up from that. There are resonators all over the place in cars.

Yeah, this coronavirus stuff has really thrown everything for a loop. I consider my midpipe one of the best mods I've done. It's easy to do, cheap, low risk, and I notice gains audibly and during acceleration. Win, win, win, win, win. :)

·
Registered
2015 RB Accent-not so stock 🤫
276 Posts
If you're wanting that kind of power reliably switch to 91 or 93 octane gas. Even better is 100% 93 octane as it's not hydroscopic with the ethanol in it and will probably add a bit more efficiency in the burn cycle of the engine for more power and mileage.
100% gas is all I've used for the last 15 years for all my cars with no issues.

Good luck on your project btw. Good to see people wanting to have a bit of fun with their cars. 👍😎

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey guys i just found this thread and was in the same boat to getting 270ish in my 19 veloster turbo tech, ive already got the magnaflow cat back and the afr stage 2 intake. Anyone know what my next step should be cause all i can think about is tuning it at this point haha. >.<

·
Registered
276 Posts
hey guys i just found this thread and was in the same boat to getting 270ish in my 19 veloster turbo tech, ive already got the magnaflow cat back and the afr stage 2 intake. Anyone know what my next step should be cause all i can think about is tuning it at this point haha. >.<
Read the above for some tips and additions to get your goals.
Don't tune until you feel you've completed your mods. Then tune. If you add more mods then you'll have to tune it again to get the most out of your additional mods.
Tunes are costly for one that actually works so keep this in mind. 👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't tune until you feel you've completed your mods. Then tune. If you add more mods then you'll have to tune it again to get the most out of your additional mods.
yeah i figured as much i guess what im asking is what else should i do now other than fmic cause thats all i can think of that would be essential to getting at least 40hp other than intake and exhaust, im not trying to change out my turbo yet or do forged internals but bolt ons that would actually be useful.

·
Registered
276 Posts
  1. yeah i figured as much i guess what im asking is what else should i do now other than fmic cause thats all i can think of that would be essential to getting at least 40hp other than intake and exhaust, im not trying to change out my turbo yet or do forged internals but bolt ons that would actually be useful.
    Change out your cold pipe, hot pipe, and get a 60mm throttlebody from the 2013 Elantra engine. It'll say K60 on the throttle plate when you look for it as that's the designation for 60mm.

You'll have to do some research on the cold and hot pipe or ask @trdtoy about some options he may suggest as well.
    He knows his way around the Velosters like no other. 🙏🏽👍

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just check with your tuner. Its not uncommon that tuners will do a retune at a discounted rate. I feel like sxth does this but not 100% sure.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts