Veloster Turbo Forum banner

601 - 620 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Nothing, they are just wide. It depends on your goals - looks or performance. In most cases, going wider worsens handling and straightline acceleration, and also increases overall cost. For ripping mountain roads, you don't need a wider wheel - tire compound and air pressure matters more. Many people go wide, i'm not sure why. It usually just adds weight, and does not typically increase contact patch.. (i.e., you go slower). For me, straightline acceleration > looks or "potential" cornering gains by going wider. The only actual situation to go wider is if you have the 500hp veloster.
I went to a lightweight enkei rpf1 17x9, with r compound 235s and I've got to tell you I didn't lose straight line speed or any cornering ability. Sonnot sure what youre referencing here. Maybe just the bigger diameter wheel?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
206 Posts
Planning on doing 17x7.5 with a 38 offset on 225/45/17 tires. I checked out willtheyfit.com and it looks good to me, 11mm further from strut and of course 11mm closer to the fender. Referring to the original post about fitment Id say Im good to slam it, yes?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Does anyone have these on their VT. I know the ones with a 45 offset will fit, but because Tirerack's wheel searching method IS COMPLETELY STUPID, I had to search for wheels that would fit a 2011 Lancer, instead of our Veloster and I just want to make sure these 38mm offset versions will work too.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4678856538B&wheelMake=Enkei Tuning&wheelModel=Raijin&wheelFinish=Black Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Lancer+Evolution&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=GSR&visLoc=4

·
Registered
22 Posts
17x7 +45 215-55-17. Lowered on Eibach springs. Winter setup?

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
FYI, someone on FB weighed the '16 wheel and it is 24.8 lbs. Little bit lighter than the older wheels (~26.5).

·
Registered
866 Posts
FYI, someone on FB weighed the '16 wheel and it is 24.8 lbs. Little bit lighter than the older wheels (~26.5).
love you for this info... couldn't find anywhere and I have so much tread left on my tires I thought I was going to have to wait another year.

·
Registered
866 Posts
how far "in" can we go in the rear before rubbing? It might be in this thread but I gave up looking after page 36 thousand....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone have these on their VT. I know the ones with a 45 offset will fit, but because Tirerack's wheel searching method IS COMPLETELY STUPID, I had to search for wheels that would fit a 2011 Lancer, instead of our Veloster and I just want to make sure these 38mm offset versions will work too.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4678856538B&wheelMake=Enkei Tuning&wheelModel=Raijin&wheelFinish=Black Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Mitsubishi&autoModel=Lancer+Evolution&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=GSR&visLoc=4
I'm not sure if you're still searching for an answer but yes they will fit. The 18x8.5 +38 has the same specs as the stock evo x wheels that i'm running. I'm lowered on eibach springs with 225 tires no rub at all.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ok, second question. If I get 18x8.5 +35 wheels, could I run 245 35(or 40) r18 tires without rubbing? According to the calculators it should technically work, but I'd just like to double check. I'm not lowered, nor do I plan to do any lowering. But I do love me some fat looking tires.
Or will I have to be a sad panda and stick with 235 40 r18?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Believe there were some posts on the first page that said you can run 245/40r18 but with a offset of 45 or so.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
40 is better. I would say with almost full certainty that you could run a 245s if not lowered on a 40 offset wheel, depending on wheel design.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
866 Posts
any way to insert this into the OP?? Can a mod do that? This is a sweet tool!

601 - 620 of 641 Posts