Veloster Turbo Forum banner

621 - 640 of 641 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Will it fit?

Hahaha

I'm terribly intrigued by off-road coupe concepts. I know this is slightly off topic. But anybody filled the wheel wells without a drop?

·
Registered
242 Posts
He's the one that got my "wheels turning" so to speak.
Another view of the 245 40 18s on stock rims. Great grip, good clearance. Grabs quickly and cornering is very sticky and sure. Very happy with these after the first 500+ miles. Blessings, Whiz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey everybody I am new to this forum but I have found all of the info. in here a ton of help. Thanks!!! I traded in my Veloster Base in on a new 2016 VT a couple of months ago, they were having some great clearance specials since its almost 2018, and I have been on the wheel hunt. Let me just say this car has been a pain to find a good offset and width wheel for. I want to go wide so I just purchased a set of XXR 550 18X8.75 +36 in Platinum. My turbo is my everyday driver for work and I plan on leaving the suspension stock height. From everything I read on here it will poke a little but not rub with stock suspension. If anyone has any other experience with this size wheel, let me know. Thanks again and I will post pics of the wheels when they arrive and I get them mounted.... 550684601-4T.jpg 11005097_731563750274943_854812097_n.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey everybody I am new to this forum but I have found all of the info. in here a ton of help. Thanks!!! I traded in my Veloster Base in on a new 2016 VT a couple of months ago, they were having some great clearance specials since its almost 2018, and I have been on the wheel hunt. Let me just say this car has been a pain to find a good offset and width wheel for. I want to go wide so I just purchased a set of XXR 550 18X8.75 +36 in Platinum. My turbo is my everyday driver for work and I plan on leaving the suspension stock height. From everything I read on here it will poke a little but not rub with stock suspension. If anyone has any other experience with this size wheel, let me know. Thanks again and I will post pics of the wheels when they arrive and I get them mounted.... View attachment 92442 View attachment 92450
Looking forward for your results. Just picked up a new 2017 R Spec and not going to lower it also. I want to install 17s with the widest rims and tires with a little poke .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking forward for your results. Just picked up a new 2017 R Spec and not going to lower it also. I want to install 17s with the widest rims and tires with a little poke .
Ok everybody I had my xxr 550's mounted today. Again they are 18 x 8.75 et36. I think it came out pretty nice and no rubbing! :) Let me know what you think. So anybody thats interested, these will fit fine on a stock height ride. I am running on stock 2016 VT rubber ( 225 40 18 ) as well. 20171109_170353.jpg 20171109_170346.jpg 100_2298.JPG 20171109_154209.jpg 20171109_154145.jpg

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ok everybody I had my xxr 550's mounted today. Again they are 18 x 8.75 et36. I think it came out pretty nice and no rubbing! :) Let me know what you think. So anybody thats interested, these will fit fine on a stock height ride. I am running on stock 2016 VT rubber ( 225 40 18 ) as well. View attachment 92753 View attachment 92761 View attachment 92769 View attachment 92785 View attachment 92777
Be careful with XXR, I have seen a set of these crumble after hitting a pot hole.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Be careful with XXR, I have seen a set of these crumble after hitting a pot hole.

A lot of people seem to run them so hopefully that is the rarer of situations. The stock 225 40 16 that comes on the 2016 VT is a pretty tall tire even stretched a little on these wheels so hope fully they will provide some protection.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looking to pick up some winter wheels and tires. I am sure this has been asked before but there are so many pages in this thread. I will likely get 16" wheels, what is the biggest sidewall I should go for? Thanks!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I've put this into a wheel calculator and I think it will fit flush, but not 100% confident. Anyone run a 18x8.5 +52 offset?

Anything I'm missing here on fit? Stock ride height. Getting Coilovers but only lowering an inch or so. Live in Chicago pothole hell. Can't go low.

Wheel spacing Volk.JPG

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I've put this into a wheel calculator and I think it will fit flush, but not 100% confident. Anyone run a 18x8.5 +52 offset?

Anything I'm missing here on fit? Stock ride height. Getting Coilovers but only lowering an inch or so. Live in Chicago pothole hell. Can't go low.

View attachment 97194
My 19s had a 50 offset and 235s and I had to get 5mm spacers to get them flush.

If your getting coilovers I'd be more worried about damaging them more so than how low they are. A good spring/shock combo might be a better choice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My 19s had a 50 offset and 235s and I had to get 5mm spacers to get them flush.

If your getting coilovers I'd be more worried about damaging them more so than how low they are. A good spring/shock combo might be a better choice.
Yeah, I've got the BC coil overs on the way. Why do you say that? You think the wheels might rub on the coilover? Aren't most coilover setups a lower profile than the OEM spring/shock combo?

·
Registered
160 Posts
considering most people can come out 20mm with spacers on stock wheels to fit flush, only sticking out 2 more mm probably wont make much of a difference and will still be tucked in quite a bit.

I'm actually looking at the SSR GTX01 wheels and those are 18x8.5 +44 and seem to be quite flush, I believe they have them on one of the sema show cars.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Yeah, I've got the BC coil overs on the way. Why do you say that? You think the wheels might rub on the coilover? Aren't most coilover setups a lower profile than the OEM spring/shock combo?
I mean in reguards to hitting pot holes. If your concerned about the road conditions coilovers, with their very stiff bound/rebound and short travel, do not do well with pot holes. You not only risk the wheel/tire but also the coilovers it self. And that's not cheap to fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,964 Posts
***The Ultimate "WILL THEY FIT?" Thread***

Found a wheel/tire fitment calculator app for iDevices called Fittr. Free, clean, simple, responsive and no ads.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fast Hayaku 17" x 8" et35 wrapped in Falken Azenis FK453 225-45-17

No rubbing at full lock or over bumps on stock ride height. I could see them rubbing if the car is lowered more than about 1.5"

The tires are pretty loud, but the grip and ride comfort more than makes up for it! The rear seems less skiddish now as well, surprisingly.

View attachment 27691
I just copied this idea. Not the same wheels, but the same specs, except my ET is 40. According to the online wheel chart things, it's still fine.
I bought a set of rims for my car this spring (225/40R18 8" wide) but ride quality is just as bad as stock (215/40/R18 7.5" ). So anyone thinking just changing tires to 225, forget it, the benefits are minuscule to waste hundreds of dollars. Better drop an inch and increase the ratio for the sidewall (225/45R17) . I was gonna go 16" but, maybe in the very near future, I'm just gonna get 16" steel rims with snow tires in a few months .
Or not.
I'll see how these gonna turn out.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Anyone know if hoosier A7's run wide? My autocross tires were 235/40/17 on 17x9 +45mm last year without issues. I am wanting to go to a 245/40/17 hoosier and not rub. If I need to I could get fender flares on this summer but would need to step up to 18" wheels run wider at 255/35/18 to benefit fully.

621 - 640 of 641 Posts