Veloster Turbo Forum banner

641 - 655 of 655 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Go 255's with proper wheel specs if you can. Otherwise 245's would be a good second choice if they'll clear. Clearance is dependent on wheel and suspension specs as you know.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
With the right tire specs yes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 28270 View attachment 28271 View attachment 28272

Had these wheels/tires sitting around from my old Audi. OZ Ultraleggera 5X112 18x8 +35 on 235/40/18. I used wobble nuts. While I didn't like the name wobble nuts at first, when I was able to physically hold/examine them I was ok with using them. A week later, I retorqued and only one moved at all. I haven't rubbed yet (it is a few mm's away from rubbing at full lock), but will go down to 225's. These tires had another summer left on them, so I figured I'd use them. IMHO 235's don't suit the cars handling.

Yes, I will lower it, but not until the 225's go on lol.
I know this
View attachment 28270 View attachment 28271 View attachment 28272

Had these wheels/tires sitting around from my old Audi. OZ Ultraleggera 5X112 18x8 +35 on 235/40/18. I used wobble nuts. While I didn't like the name wobble nuts at first, when I was able to physically hold/examine them I was ok with using them. A week later, I retorqued and only one moved at all. I haven't rubbed yet (it is a few mm's away from rubbing at full lock), but will go down to 225's. These tires had another summer left on them, so I figured I'd use them. IMHO 235's don't suit the cars handling.

Yes, I will lower it, but not until the 225's go on lol.
i know this was posted in 2014 l, but curious what kind of wobble nuts you used? Any issues since using them? Asking because I received rims that are 5x112 and before reselling I want to get feedback on any issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2013 Veloster Turbo. Looking to see if anyone has successfully driven a 5x112 rim with wobble nuts? I know VT is 5x114, but trying to see if it’s worth the wobble nuts or to sell rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hate to revitalize this thread, but I have read this thread about 10 times and still a little uneasy about a setup I am wanting to run. I have messed with the calculators and estimators that everyone has suggested but there have been a lot of conflicting comments on here and on other sights that I have been following.

I know it is possible, because anything is possible... but no actual follow up on this result. I am looking to run 18x8.5 et42 on 235/40/18 on stock suspension. Does anyone have confirmation that 235 (or 225 for that matter) with a similar or same setup will not rub at all?

Also side note, I have 2015 VT wheels that I will be parting ways with ( after new wheels are purchased) if anyone is interest in purchasing them. Paint is flaking up on them in the weirdest spots and mild curb rash. I was not a huge fan of the stock wheels to begin with but at 120 per tire to repaint I'm thinking this is the perfect time to buy wheels I actually like. I have pics message me if you're interested.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Hate to revitalize this thread, but I have read this thread about 10 times and still a little uneasy about a setup I am wanting to run. I have messed with the calculators and estimators that everyone has suggested but there have been a lot of conflicting comments on here and on other sights that I have been following.

I know it is possible, because anything is possible... but no actual follow up on this result. I am looking to run 18x8.5 et42 on 235/40/18 on stock suspension. Does anyone have confirmation that 235 (or 225 for that matter) with a similar or same setup will not rub at all?

Also side note, I have 2015 VT wheels that I will be parting ways with ( after new wheels are purchased) if anyone is interest in purchasing them. Paint is flaking up on them in the weirdest spots and mild curb rash. I was not a huge fan of the stock wheels to begin with but at 120 per tire to repaint I'm thinking this is the perfect time to buy wheels I actually like. I have pics message me if you're interested.
235/40r18 100% will not rub on that setup. Get to +37 area or lower on that tire/wheel then your chance of rub gets higher.

I run a 255/45R17 on 17 x 8 +48 no rub. Some run 255/35 or 255/40 on the OEM wheel no rub and they're 18 x 7.5 +49. 225/40R18 is common on a 18 x 8.5 +35 even on lowered VT.

Reactions: Trex01

·
Registered
4 Posts

These Are Konig Lockouts 18’ by 8.5 with a offset of -35 and there is the slightest if any poke with the fender, and no rubbing or scrubbing and there is no spacers, so once it’s lowered on coilovers it will be flush and may need the fenders rolled but right now fitment is pretty good with those Specs. The tires is a 215:40 Federal SSR

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah. I ended up getting same setup but AVID1 AV27 18x8.5 -35. I’m going to run 225 40, but have to wait. Everything is on back order but the tires, so they’re just stacked up at the moment.

‘15 VT matte grey

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
18 x 8.5 +35 will clear unless you go wider than 225 tire fyi.

Reactions: sonic_velo.turbo
641 - 655 of 655 Posts