Veloster Turbo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
120 Posts
Turbosocks, didnt you have a SRT-4 also? I have a wastegate spring mod that I had on my SRT-4 and it looks like it might work, What do you think?

· Registered
120 Posts
its a spring that will make the wastegate open slower to allow more boost , it worked on my srt4. I guess almost like adding a stiffer spring. Ive been thinking about doing this for awhile. I'm assuming worse case it will just hold more boost longer than bleeding down to 10-12 lbs.

· Registered
120 Posts
It should work. But good luck trying to get to the wastegate.
You are right, from the top its a PITA, but I can get to it from underneath, i already figured out how to make my boost gauge work now by tapping off the wastegate hose. I am lucky i have access to a lift here at the dealership so we just jacked it up and i just ran a tee to my guage and it seems to work now but now it doesnt read vacuum. I will try the SRT-4 spring turnbuckle upgrade on the wastegate and see if it works and let you guys know. Ill try and take pics too.

· Registered
120 Posts
Best source would be the fpr vacuum. Wastegates typically use a pressure source only that's why you're not getting vacuum readings.
I was going to but one of the mechanics told me not to because how much psi it needs. I've done it on my Hondas but this Hyundai is a totally different beast.

· Registered
963 Posts
I was going to but one of the mechanics told me not to because how much psi it needs. I've done it on my Hondas but this Hyundai is a totally different beast.
You're better off doing the Torque App, cause I was aiming for the boost gauge but then I saw how difficult it was going to be I said screw it let do it plug and play. If you read my past tread http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/...about-torque-app-showing-headunit-screen.html You can have as many gauges you want on the headunit screen.

· Vendor
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the turnbuckle setup should work but I haven't had a chance to even get to the turbo yet.

Sometime soon here, I am going to bring the car into the garage and see what kind of access I have without the turbo elbow on. Seems like there may be enough room to get to some of the turbo goodies.

· Registered
120 Posts
Surprisingly when you put the VT on a lift you can access the turbo wastegate pretty easily. Ill probably try the turnbuckle spring mod this weekend. I did get my boost gauge to work by tapping off the wastegate hose but i also did order the ELM adapter and got the Torque app as well :) I still like the look of the old style gauges, its just my taste i guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.