Veloster Turbo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking at 2013 VT. It has 74000 miles and was manufactured in November of 2012, I heard somewhere that ones made before July had the most problems. The dealership is offering a 3 month warranty and is letting me get it boroscoped before buying. The car fax was clean and they said tge previous owner only used 93 in it and religous oil changes (he was a state prosecutor), but that's not confirmed. I've read a lot about thrown rods and am kinda psyching myself out on it, right now money wise the 2013 is all I could afford. Does any one have an exact percentage of affected models or any other advice they'd offer? Looking at installing a catch can and running 93 and POA oil on in it, but is there any other preventive must do's? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
To the OP:

A quick carmax search finds a 13 VT with 74k miles for $13k

Same search finds a 15 VT with 78k miles for the same price.

Also others with lower miles and newer at little higher prices.

·
Banned
22 Posts
Hey guys, I'm looking at 2013 VT. It has 74000 miles and was manufactured in November of 2012, I heard somewhere that ones made before July had the most problems. The dealership is offering a 3 month warranty and is letting me get it boroscoped before buying. The car fax was clean and they said tge previous owner only used 93 in it and religous oil changes (he was a state prosecutor), but that's not confirmed. I've read a lot about thrown rods and am kinda psyching myself out on it, right now money wise the 2013 is all I could afford. Does any one have an exact percentage of affected models or any other advice they'd offer? Looking at installing a catch can and running 93 and POA oil on in it, but is there any other preventive must do's? Thanks in advance
I'd be happy to sell you my 2013 VT, make me an offer. Will probably have a brand new engine (for what it's worth).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts